Using older review material

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

inquirer89

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm going to buy the Kaplan PCAT book, but I don't want to spend the $30+ for a new one. Doing some quick browsing, I found used books that were only a couple of years old (03-07) and started at $4. I'm also looking at older versions of Examkrackers.

Is it better to save money and use a version that is 5 or less years old? Or should I get the most up to date material?
 
I'm going to buy the Kaplan PCAT book, but I don't want to spend the $30+ for a new one. Doing some quick browsing, I found used books that were only a couple of years old (03-07) and started at $4. I'm also looking at older versions of Examkrackers.

Is it better to save money and use a version that is 5 or less years old? Or should I get the most up to date material?

Listen, chemistry back in 80 is still the same a today. So, nothing is going to change. The same information is still there. New book just revives the questions (add/substract). It's not like new chemistry just came out for 08. I think you get my point. Better saves yourself money for interview trip later
 
You can definitely save a few bucks and get an older version, but make sure to check up on recent changes -- for example, geometry is no longer covered on the PCAT but it used to be (right?). Make sure you're studying what's being tested, no matter what year the material was published.
 
You can definitely save a few bucks and get an older version, but make sure to check up on recent changes -- for example, geometry is no longer covered on the PCAT but it used to be (right?). Make sure you're studying what's being tested, no matter what year the material was published.
how do you know it ? is there a website that lists which topics is cover for each section ?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
The older editions are almost identical to the new ones. They just added some figures and of course the new topics. The questions and tests are the same even. The newer book isn't really that helpful for the newer topics anyways (like Calc and English stuff).
 
Also, I dont know why PCAT made such a big deal about the booklet. It's NOT available for download. It's not like it contains some secret info.

++Submission of this request for the CIB provides permission for Harcourt Assessment to contact you with additional information on the PCAT (information on test dates, practice tests, etc.).

AND WHY DO THEY HAVE TO CONTACT ?