Using Student Loans to Pay Yourself Back

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

CombinedDriving67

Tufts c/o 2024
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I haven’t been able to find an answer to this question. Can you use student loans to pay back yourself for living expenses? For example, I had to pay first and last month rent on my place when I signed the lease last month. I used my savings but I’d rather not completely empty it. I was just wondering if that was a thing. Thanks in advance!
 
Thanks! Honestly, I had to live on campus for undergrad so student loans for things outside of tuition are foreign to me.

As for an elephant, I only got my dog and cat approved so not sure how that would go by with the landlord. Sure might make my commute easier though.