USJ Pharmacy-Hartford, CT (2016)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

chrissyPharmD

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello,
I wanted to create a thread for all applicants for Fall 2016. Please feel free to share your experience during this process. I recently interviewed with this school, and I am waiting to hear back. Anyone else recently applied, interviewed, or gained admission?
 
Hi I just had my interview 2 days ago!! However I still have to take my pcat in January. Did you get accepted yet?
 
Hey!
Yes, I was accepted, and will be attending in the fall. When do you plan on taking your pcat? The other girl that interviewed along with me, also had not taken her pcat. You should expect to hear something from USJ in 2 weeks. I got my call about 12 days after my interview. Good luck!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
congratulations! I'm taking my pcat Jan. 5th. and they said if I'm accepted it would be a "conditional" acceptance pending pcat scores. So I'm not really sure what that means if I do poorly...
 
Thank you!!!!
Yeah it'll be a conditional acceptance. However, stay positive and focus on your exam. If you do poorly, then they can decide to give your seat to another applicant. Best of luck on your pcat!
 
Hello,
I wanted to create a thread for all applicants for Fall 2016. Please feel free to share your experience during this process. I recently interviewed with this school, and I am waiting to hear back. Anyone else recently applied, interviewed, or gained admission?

I just got accepted today!
 
They will ask you questions geared towards your interest in pharmacy. Just be as genuine as possible and show how much you want to be a pharmacist and you will do just fine. Have you thoughts together about what you plan to bring to the field and how your life experiences have prepared you thus far.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just mailed my deposit! Does anyone know if we will need a car the first two years to travel to rotation sites or is it just the last year?
 
Just mailed my deposit! Does anyone know if we will need a car the first two years to travel to rotation sites or is it just the last year?
Hi, I'm am in the class of 2018, and the answer to your question is YES. It is very crucial to have transportation because of rotations that begin in the 1st semester. Sometimes you can get lucky and be placed near or up to 1.5 hrs away.
 
Last edited:
Just interviewed today. I didn't know what to expect going in, and I had never been to Hartford before. The only reason I applied was because it is a 3 year program, and its somewhat close to Long Island where my fiancé will be staying while I finish pharmacy school. After interviewing and checking out downtown Hartford, I really hope I am accepted. I've been accepted to Western New England and still waiting to hear back from ACPHS, but if I am accepted at USJ I will definitely attend there. I loved the area and the modified block schedule is very appealing. Fingers crossed.
 
Hi everyone! I just got an interview for this school. Does anyone have any helpful tips or suggestions? This is my first interview for a pharm school. I saw that there would be a math test and an essay, any idea how those are? And how are the interviews? If anyone could help me I would greatly appreciate it!! 🙂 I'm so excited to be getting an interview!
 
Hi, I'm am in the class of 2018, and the answer to your question is YES. It is very crucial to have transportation because of rotations that begin in the 1st semester. Sometimes you can get lucky and be placed near or up to 1.5 hrs away.

Thanks a lot 🙂 I will keep that in mind

Also just wanted to know about how the workload is since its a block curriculum , just to get an idea and do you think its possible to handle an internship with the workload? thanks!