USMLE 2018 Immunology thread!

Started by timmy3
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

timmy3

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello guys,

I am writing to post questions in this thread regarding immunology. I hope it will be helpful to many others and I hope those who are knowledgeable would take their time and share their Wisdom!

Please let me know if I could help...if its within my abilities I would definitely do so.

Q1) Why does C3 deficiency lead individuals susceptible to type 3 hypersensitivity reaction? Is it because C3b is an opsonin against bacteria? I understand that Type 3 reaction involves antigen-antiody complex which fixes others complements....how does a lack of C3 help makes faster? How do C3 protect against type 3? Again is it because of its opsonization properties?

A bit of clarity would help!