USMLE after migration to the UK

Started by Ruren
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Ruren

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am an IMG and have been very seriously considering moving to the UK (preparing for the PLABs currently) as a transition phase only, and moving further on to the US from there. Perhaps this sounds silly and rather cumbersome for what should be a straightforward migration, but my priority right now is to move out of where I am now (Im south asian, studied and working now in the middle east and want to get out of here asap), and as the UK is easier/faster to get into, but I do not want to have to deal with the racism and discrimination there for long, so this seems like a work-able plan.
So plabs then usmle.
There shouldnt be any procedural problems, but I want to know if this is practical/possible, and what the difficulties that arise might be.
I hope readers dont think of this as country-hopping of any sort and will try to understand that its just that I need a quick fix for now.