AliatUofT

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 15, 2004
Status (Visible)
Hi everyone

i have a quick question to ask you guys. do all cardiology programs require USMLE scores. i am medical student in Canada, and i am interested in applying to Cardiology programs in the US after i finish my internal medicine residency here in Canada. I am just wondering whether or not USMLE scores are needed? if so is it for every program or just a few? also is it possible to use my LMCC scores (canadian licensing exam) instead?

thanks

ali

ry812

10+ Year Member
Feb 23, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Academic Administration
yes, many programs use your USMLE scores as an initial way to screen applicants.

cardsfellow2007

10+ Year Member
Mar 3, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Fellow [Any Field]
Hi everyone

i have a quick question to ask you guys. do all cardiology programs require USMLE scores. i am medical student in Canada, and i am interested in applying to Cardiology programs in the US after i finish my internal medicine residency here in Canada. I am just wondering whether or not USMLE scores are needed? if so is it for every program or just a few? also is it possible to use my LMCC scores (canadian licensing exam) instead?

thanks

ali

Some programs ask you not to submit your USMLE scores! Last year when I was interviewing they only came up once. Most programs use them as a factor to determine if they are going to interview you (i.e. 5 points for research, 5 for the quality of the training program/medical school you are coming from, 5 for USMLE scores, 5 for other) with the top scoring applicants getting an interview and in the door.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.