1. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

USMLE and Cardiology

Discussion in 'Cardiology' started by AliatUofT, Feb 27, 2007.

1. AliatUofT

AliatUofT Junior Member
    5+ Year Member

Hi everyone

i have a quick question to ask you guys. do all cardiology programs require USMLE scores. i am medical student in Canada, and i am interested in applying to Cardiology programs in the US after i finish my internal medicine residency here in Canada. I am just wondering whether or not USMLE scores are needed? if so is it for every program or just a few? also is it possible to use my LMCC scores (canadian licensing exam) instead?

thanks

ali

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. ry812

Academic Administration
    yes, many programs use your USMLE scores as an initial way to screen applicants.

4. cardsfellow2007

2+ Year Member

Fellow [Any Field]
    Some programs ask you not to submit your USMLE scores! Last year when I was interviewing they only came up once. Most programs use them as a factor to determine if they are going to interview you (i.e. 5 points for research, 5 for the quality of the training program/medical school you are coming from, 5 for USMLE scores, 5 for other) with the top scoring applicants getting an interview and in the door.