USMLE and Cardiology

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AliatUofT

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone

i have a quick question to ask you guys. do all cardiology programs require USMLE scores. i am medical student in Canada, and i am interested in applying to Cardiology programs in the US after i finish my internal medicine residency here in Canada. I am just wondering whether or not USMLE scores are needed? if so is it for every program or just a few? also is it possible to use my LMCC scores (canadian licensing exam) instead?

thanks

ali

Members don't see this ad.

yes, many programs use your USMLE scores as an initial way to screen applicants.

Hi everyone

i have a quick question to ask you guys. do all cardiology programs require USMLE scores. i am medical student in Canada, and i am interested in applying to Cardiology programs in the US after i finish my internal medicine residency here in Canada. I am just wondering whether or not USMLE scores are needed? if so is it for every program or just a few? also is it possible to use my LMCC scores (canadian licensing exam) instead?

thanks

ali

Some programs ask you not to submit your USMLE scores! Last year when I was interviewing they only came up once. Most programs use them as a factor to determine if they are going to interview you (i.e. 5 points for research, 5 for the quality of the training program/medical school you are coming from, 5 for USMLE scores, 5 for other) with the top scoring applicants getting an interview and in the door.