USMLE and Comlex

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MichellePhilly

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys...

I'm starting to gather material for studying for the boards. Im taking them them both at the end of May. I have the Kaplan Class books and some BRS books to study for the boards, and the Saverese book for the OMM section.

Is studying the USMLE books fine to study for the COMLEX as well? Also, I'm about to register for the Kaplan Q review, which has the Qbank and the Comlex Qreview... I wasnt sure if getting both is stupid or not... anyone who has taken both have any recommendations?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys...

I'm starting to gather material for studying for the boards. Im taking them them both at the end of May. I have the Kaplan Class books and some BRS books to study for the boards, and the Saverese book for the OMM section.

Is studying the USMLE books fine to study for the COMLEX as well? Also, I'm about to register for the Kaplan Q review, which has the Qbank and the Comlex Qreview... I wasnt sure if getting both is stupid or not... anyone who has taken both have any recommendations?

The books for USMLE will absolutely prepare you for COMLEX (and Saverese is more than enough for the OMM portion).

I don't recommend the COMLEX qbank. You don't need it. The OMM questions are stand alone, and don't overlap with other topics (Simmons has a couple of OMM questions at the back of the book... and they are spitting images of the real thing). All non-OMM questions are essentially identical to the USMLE.

The books for USMLE will absolutely prepare you for COMLEX (and Saverese is more than enough for the OMM portion).

I don't recommend the COMLEX qbank. You don't need it. The OMM questions are stand alone, and don't overlap with other topics (Simmons has a couple of OMM questions at the back of the book... and they are spitting images of the real thing). All non-OMM questions are essentially identical to the USMLE.

:thumbup:

Simmons??