1. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

Usmle Books

Discussion in 'Step I' started by Glitterhunie, Apr 27, 2004.

1. Glitterhunie

Glitterhunie New Member

Hey all....
    An Irish lady in the house!...just wondering whats the story with USMLE..im just completing fourth year(pathology,microbiology,med informatics studied this year)..been told this summer is probably a good time to sit USMLE...well..

First of all what books do i need???..starting from scratch(im presuming i have non of the material used for USMLE)...can anyone recommend the books they used..please..can u give me the detailed names and authors,cos i probably need to order them..bookshop in college is useless!

Secondly..where can i get these books from???...any good web sites?

...i was reading some of the threads posted..what exactly are question banks..and how can i access these?!

Thirdly...How long would it take to study for the USMLE..just a rough guide for me to start on..and what subjects/topics does it include..

Thanks... x

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. mpp

mpp SDN Moderator
    Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Welcome to SDN. All your questions (and a lot more) have been answered ad nauseum in this forum so just start peaking through the other threads. As far as a place to buy books, www.amazon.com is reasonable.

4. that black guy

that black guy New Member

I read through the other threads but still not sure what books...
    can anyone just give me an example of the ones they used when they were studying for USMLE?
    Thanks

5. nuclearrabbit77

nuclearrabbit77 commercial sex worker
    7+ Year Member

could someone tell me if the questions used in kaplan's qbook the same as some seen in qbank?

thanks..

6. DRealDrZ

DRealDrZ Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

to the same. I think that some are even exact questions as well as some that are exact questions with different values and whatnot. I have the QBook but decided to get QBank anyway. If I'm bored and not near the computer, I can open the book a little.