USMLE CD questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ologist

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Did any USMLE takers out there do the 150 questions that came with the USMLE Orientation CD? I remember reading about them in a post somewhere but i forgot what was said about them specifically. I did them last night and i found them to be a lot shorter than what i would expect the real questions on the USMLE to be like. How comparable to the real thing is it? If i had to guess, i would say that they're probably a lot easier than the real thing. Am i wrong in this assumption?

FYI, I'm signed up with Kaplan for some sort of package deal, and they have all the detailed explanations for all the questions. Just so people know that the explanations are out there.

While i'm on the subject of practice questions, what would people say are the absolute best sample questions (i.e. what's the most similar to the real USMLE in length, subject matter, and most importantly, degree of difficulty). I've done Qbank, Qbook, Robbins review of Path, and the USMLE CD. I think so far i really like the Robbins review of Path questions. Qbank is just too nit picky about some things.

Thanks everyone!

Members don't see this ad.