Usmle/Complex books

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ahsan421

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I need some advice what books to use for Complex/ usmle. I already ordered first aid. But was wondering if their is any other books that are good for through review. Are the brs books good? Please help

Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Im sure you mean COMLEX.

First Aid, Pathoma, and UWorld are the best resources.

BRS physio is solid as well especially if you're weaker in physio

Savarese OMT Review is the go to for OMM.

I recently took COMLEX and the OMM was nothing like I have ever encountered. I studied mostly w/ Savarese, but also used "Clinical Anatomy and Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine: COMLEX Review (Board Review Series)". I'd recommend using the second book I mentioned (in addition to Sav), but use it early b/c I felt like it was pretty anatomy heavy and trying to do it in my last week of studying (after USMLE) was too much.

I recently took COMLEX and the OMM was nothing like I have ever encountered. I studied mostly w/ Savarese, but also used "Clinical Anatomy and Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine: COMLEX Review (Board Review Series)". I'd recommend using the second book I mentioned (in addition to Sav), but use it early b/c I felt like it was pretty anatomy heavy and trying to do it in my last week of studying (after USMLE) was too much.

Crazy how much people's experiences vary. The OMM on mine was the easiest part of the test and simpler than the COMAT and way simpler than school exams. I wonder how much of that stuff gets tossed?

Members don't see this ad :)
Im sure you mean COMLEX.

First Aid, Pathoma, and UWorld are the best resources.

BRS physio is solid as well especially if you're weaker in physio

Savarese OMT Review is the go to for OMM.

Any other books you can recommend for through review. I want books that I could go through for each subject. My background is really weak.

Thank you

Any other books you can recommend for through review. I want books that I could go through for each subject. My background is really weak.

Thank you

I'm a firm believer that it's better to know the basics compared to spreading yourself thin with too many resources. You can get a 235+/600+ with just knowing FA, Pathoma, and UW well.

For additional material, I was a big Goljan RR Path fan. I used Firecracker extensively as well so that covered gaps in First Aid. I was told organ systems FA is a solid addition too.

I'm a firm believer that it's better to know the basics compared to spreading yourself thin with too many resources. You can get a 235+/600+ with just knowing FA, Pathoma, and UW well.

For additional material, I was a big Goljan RR Path fan. I used Firecracker extensively as well so that covered gaps in First Aid. I was told organ systems FA is a solid addition too.

Thank you so much for your help. I need a book to cover the gaps for anatomy. Should I go with brs or do you have any other book that is better.

Thank you so much for your help. I need a book to cover the gaps for anatomy. Should I go with brs or do you have any other book that is better.

I used that heavily 1st year but not so much for Step1. I had a ton of reproductive anatomy and nerve supply on mine. I'd know that well. Know neuroanatomy and blood supply (strokes) well also. Thyroid supply and celiac trunk/gut supply is pretty HY. I skimmed through HY neuroanatomy and Road map for the usmle for anatomy. They were both okay but I wouldn't kill a ton of time with anatomy. I spent maybe 5hrs on anatomy during dedicated.