USMLE Consult

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bestmed

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone used this Qbank? How does it compare to Kaplan Qbank and UW?

Members don't see this ad.

What can I say about usmle consult... It isnt the best question bank that is out there, but i definitely wouldnt say it is useless. I am doing it now, and plan on getting through all of it. The questions are a mixture of very difficult and very easy questions, so the difficulty is more variable than most of the other banks. Along with every question there are very detailed explanations, and i have gotten some nice pictures from them. However the explanations are often excerpts from the various books from the publisher, and sometimes not as focused as you would like. It will take you longer to review your answers for this reason.

I have gone through Kaplan Qbank, Gunner Trainings Question Bank, USMLERx, am almost done with USMLE consult, and am starting Uworld on the 20th. Since i can not speak on Uworld yet since i havent started it, I would say that I would rank kaplan qbank the highest, then usmlerx of the banks i have done. I think USMLE consult could be a good learning tool though, with the in depth explanations. This bank has some errors, but that could be said about most banks, since no one source is perfect.

Usmle consults scorolator did seem to be pretty good in the sense it was pretty close to my nbme 5, which i took around the same time (NBME 5- 253 vs Scorolator-252ish). The questions on consult do vary in difficulty greatly, but so does the question on the nbme, with some easy questions and some that seem to be so hard they dont make sense. Whether or not to go with consult in my opinion seems have to do with how much time you have. For most without an excessive amount of time i would say go with kaplan qbank as a second question bank if saving world till the end.

aagupta2 - Thanks for your kind words! We work hard to make our Qbank as effective as possible.

bestmed - whatever you decide to do, you are on the right track to use one or more question banks. Qbanks with content review and simulated exam practice will help you prepare for your exams efficiently.

Best of luck to all!!

aagupta Hit it right on, great description of the above qbanks.

But at the end of the day, its really all about HOW MANY QUESTION CAN U DO, Prioritize from the ones that U know U must do....

But dont cheat urself out of taking advantage of the different style of questions offered by the different organizations.

But Kaplan/UW-- should be up there, and if u have extra time---DO AS MANY AS U CAN FROM DIFFERENT SOURCES... And even Rx specially if UR trying to go thru FA.

Good Luck in ur studies