USMLE CS, how much time do your really need?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Peds1

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to decide whether to reschedule my CK, but if I do, it would only leave me 2 days to study for CS (including one flying day). I think it's worth it because it will give me an extra 4 days to study for CK (otherwise it's only 10 days of studying for CK) which is really more important. But is 2 days enough for CS? Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

I'm trying to decide whether to reschedule my CK, but if I do, it would only leave me 2 days to study for CS (including one flying day). I think it's worth it because it will give me an extra 4 days to study for CK (otherwise it's only 10 days of studying for CK) which is really more important. But is 2 days enough for CS? Thank you!

It is one day more than necessary!

I'm an IMG and it took me two days of preparation, didn't even finish the FA. Just stick to an algorithm of approach to each patient and be nice and don't forget to wash your hands, more than likely you'll pass.

Great, thank you!
I was able to switch CK and will definitely benefit from extra study days for that! :)

Yeah, you can definitely cover everything you need to in a day or two. I will say, though, that I found studying for CS to be so miserable that I wound up studying 10 to 20 minutes a day for about 2 weeks. If you're like me, it might be a good idea to pull out FA CS in the evening after you're done with the CK studying to get a case or two in.