Usmle Exam Master Online

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SOUNDMAN

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Our school provides this to us free of charge. Has anyone used it or have any good information on it. Seems as though the questions are fairly detail oriented much like Kaplans Q-bank.

Members don't see this ad.

yes please someone with some experience give some examples or reasons why it's not that good?

Members don't see this ad :)
my school also offers Exam master to us free of charge.
I used it in the last week (after having completed Kaplan Qbank, and done most of USMLEWorld) to go over my weak subjects (Pharm, immunology, microbiology). In retrospect, this was an excellent decision. The material that was tested was completely different from the pharm/immunology/micro that was tested in either Kaplan or UW. Thus, I learned a lot of new info (some of which was tested on my Step 1 exam).
So my advice is: do as many questions as possible before your test, since it is the fastest and most reliable way of learning new material and consolidating basic information. Exam master is a resource which nicely augments Kaplan and USMLEWorld (especially if it is free)

My school provides it as well, I'm using it for the subject NBME shelf exam prep and it seems good for a couple reasons. I haven't used any other Qbanks to compare this against.

Good:

There's an absolute ton of questions.
You can build an exam that is very broad (USMLE Step I) or targeted (Renal physiology)
Questions don't get reused once you put them in an exam
explanations are usually a reasonable amount of detail

Bad:

The occasional explanation is either extremely brief or several pages
In answering 700 phys and histology/Cell questions I've come across a couple that were just poorly written, and one that was just wrong and the explanation was written by someone who was sleeping.
But since there's more questions than I'll ever answer just write those questions off and move along.