usmle in us vs foreign countries

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sushantgupta

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
are usmle steps 1 +2 (pt 1) harder in foreign countries , as compared to USA?

Members don't see this ad.

hi didergroba.. thanks for replying.. however, i meant the usmles conducted by ecfmg in foreign countries since i am an img..

Members don't see this ad :)
in that case, they would be the same, wouldn't they
i just heard that usa these days is not very friendly to international medical graduates.. so they are making international usmles tougher.. dnt know if its true. May I ask where you were/are going to med school?

Last edited:
i just heard that usa these days is not very friendly to international medical graduates.. so they are making international usmles tougher.. dnt know if its true. May I ask where you were/are going to med school?

I go to a DO school in the US, but Im also paying attention to all sorts of news related to all kinds of medical students. I think "unfriendliness" refers to: the US has recently opened many new med schools, but the residency spots have not increased; ACGME favors US medical schools, so that's why IMGs and US FMGs will feel the effects first. It is quite impossible to make the any USMLE tougher, because it is graded on pre-determined curves.