Shah101

5+ Year Member
Nov 5, 2015
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
Hey guys, I just wanted some advice. I am a US IMG currently completing my residency training in England that finishes in August this year (did my degree in the UK).

I have looked into the USMLE change and apparently if you take the exam before Jan 2022 they will still report it as a 3 digit score. I was thinking of a change in strategy (currently studying for Step 2CK) and spend this year for USMLE Step 1 then do USMLE step 2 so I am not at a disadvantage when I apply for 2023 match (as I will only have P/F score vs others that may have numerical) although I am pretty much starting from scratch esp with basic sciences as my med school teaching wasn't great.

I plan to study part time during residency until August 3rd, then do 4 months dedicated prep so I can take the exam in December then do step 2 CK next year instead. Do you think this is adequate time? Or should I stick to my current strategy?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads