USMLE Review course

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

USMLEHeadache

Reaction score
HI,
I am looking for a step 1 review course, these are my options. Any input about these would be appreciated

KAPLAN
BECKER
USMLESUCCESSACADEMY
USMLE EAGLE
PASS
WOLFPAC

Members don't see this ad.

KAPLAN 6 WEEKS W/O HOUSING $3200 (0 TUTORING SESSIONS)
WOLFPAC 8 WEEKS W/ HOUSING $6500 (40 TUTORING sessions)
USMLESUCCESACADEMY 4 WEEKS W/O HOUSING $2997 (NON SPECIFIED TUTORING SESSIONS)
BECKER 6 WEEKS W/ HOUSING $6,999.00 (NON SPECIFIED TUTORING SESSIONS)
USMLE EAGLE PREP W/ HOUSING 5 WEEKS $5000 (4/5 HRS TUTORING A WEEK)

PASS PROGRAM 4 WEEKS W/HOUSING $3,599.00.

THIS is what I have found so far. My worries are KAPLAN/BECKER/PASS/USMLE SUCCESS ACADEMY have big class sizes...but they are the well known one. Seem very lectured based, will I be able to ask questions to my professors?

WOLFPAC and EAGLE seem to be small courses I just never heard of them really. Both in Florida.

ANY INPUT WOULD BE APPRECIATED!!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
The brand! (not trying to sell anything here) I feel like they are the most trusted name in exam prep. I also used them for the MCAT.

I am changing my mind. Spoke to one of their lecturers at Eagle on the phone. I am going there. I will PM you later.

Go with Kaplan. I have very bad study habits and I was able to pass MCAT above national average just following their prep course. Same thing now with Step1, I have bad retention, but I'm in the middle of Kaplan prep course and my score improved from 175 (pre-dedicated) to current 212. I'm half way through, 2 more weeks to go. I'm hoping to get about 225-230. They give you only what you need to know - which is good and bad. Good because you can improve score quickly. Bad because you'll not hit really high scores like 260 using only Kaplan prep. However, for most of us who needs improvement it's that portion of scale from 180 to 240 that matters most.
Our school puts those who need help stat (due to time constraints) on Kaplan Prep course. They are basically betting their money on it (they don't want a 2nd year student to fail - both for monetary and statistics/reputation purposes). If there were some other course as good as Kaplan - they would't have hesitated to offer that.
Just my opinion man.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi everyone!

Wanted you all to know that I got my passed STEP 1 with a 236. It was a tough exam, but I owe a lot of thanks to Usmle Eagle prep in Orlando. I want to share my story as I know it will help the people that are on this forum.

I initially almost went with Kaplan but after talking to one of the tutors at Usmle Eagle Prep I knew it was the correct choice for me. I found the program very effective in their ability to constantly review the material with us. The tutors are very helpful and will guide you well in your preparation.

After you take your first assessment NBME, Dr. N will review your exam, examine what you missed and make a schedule for you that is tailored for you. Your weaknesses will be identified and she and her team will turn them into strengths. I am so so grateful for this program. Can't wait to go back for step 2CK/CS.

Usmleheadace I hope your prep is going well.

Oh wow what a real thread full of genuine responses.

I never understood why people decide to drop quite a sizable amount of money on these courses. Are the UFAP/B&B/Sketchy materials not already pretty easy and basic to grasp?

Lol yet another undercover sales thread praising their course. smh. Mods what have sdn become lately lol