USMLE RX or UWorld 2nd run?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jgold16

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
About 3.5 weeks from exam date. Going through my 2nd UWorld run but wondering if USMLE RX (minus the easy q's) would be a better call. Any thoughts or recommendations? Should I stick with the UWorld 2nd run?

Members don't see this ad.

About 3.5 weeks from exam date. Going through my 2nd UWorld run but wondering if USMLE RX (minus the easy q's) would be a better call. Any thoughts or recommendations? Should I stick with the UWorld 2nd run?

Interesting. I would normally say that at 3.5 weeks-out, only focus on UWorld and FA. However, you've done UWorld and haven't even seen Rx yet.

I just finished Rx in its entirety a few days ago. It was FANTASTIC. I learned FA so much better because of it, so I would definitely recommend "flying through it" if you can. Try to do 300 questions per day and read the explanations FAST (or just read ones that you mark or got wrong). Just stick to that # per day. That will take you to exactly 2 weeks-out (bc Rx is 3000 Qs). Then, for the last two weeks, spend ~10hrs/day re-memorizing FA and doing ~2hrs/day of UWorld (second-pass) = 12hrs/day for the final two weeks. Definitely doable, and will get you a higher score than just a second-pass of UWorld.

I honestly would stick to uworld. Explanations and question style is so much better than rx