USMLE Rx score prediction

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cbrons

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is the USMLERx score predictor even remotely accurate? I've been doing a block per day (25 qs in the morning, 25 in the evening) for a month and a half now (maybe a couple days breaks in there sometimes) and it has my
Predicted USMLE Performance 248 ( +/-20 for the 95% CI).

Which I am having a very hard time believing. But there is also this from the USMLERx company on its accuracy as well: https://www.usmle-rx.com/benefits/predictive-actual-usmle-performance

I could believe I am probably somewhere over 220, but I highly, highly doubt it is anywhere near 248 lol.

Still just wanted to get people's experience with it and whether or not it was in any way predictive.

Members don't see this ad.

Agreed, with only 26 students... I wouldn't take their score correlation too seriously. I'd be using NBMEs as a reliable score predictor.

Reactions: 1 user
The small study even seems to be unreliable. They say 80% of the scores fall within the range. The score predictor on their site gives you +/- 20. Thats a 40 point range and they're only right 80% of the time haha.

Members don't see this ad :)
I finished Rx at the end of Dec with 75% and it predicted 250 I think? Anyways, I took an old NBME right after Rx and got 210......so take the prediction with a grain of salt

I am doing these Rx questions right now for path/pharm/micro and my average is 71%... If step 1 is a lot harder than that stuff, I guess I am fvcked!
Unless you are doing only the easy ones, 71% is good...or at least that's what I hope

Yeah, I've done a few 44q sets now and sitting on a <70 avg. holy **** and I am guessing and marking SOOO many

Unless you are doing only the easy ones, 71% is good...or at least that's what I hope
I always select easy/medium/hard... I was thinking there was a disconnect between my score in Rx/Kaplan and what I am getting in school.. getting 80s in my school exams while getting 58% in Kaplan and 71% in Rx... Getting crushed by Kaplan:(...

I also do Lippincott's patho/pharm...

I always select easy/medium/hard... I was thinking there was a disconnect between my score in Rx/Kaplan and what I am getting in school.. getting 80s in my school exams while getting 58% in Kaplan and 71% in Rx... Getting crushed by Kaplan:(...

I also do Lippincott's patho/pharm...

I get 90's on my exams and I'm getting crushed by Rx questions. I don't really care about my performance because I think of Rx as a learning tool, not as an assessment tool. I'm planning to do multiple passes. I also started using Rx flash facts. They are very good, imo.

I get 90's on my exams and I'm getting crushed by Rx questions. I don't really care about my performance because I think of Rx as a learning tool, not as an assessment tool. I'm planning to do multiple passes. I also started using Rx flash facts. They are very good, imo.
The flashcard on my subscription expired and I am not huge on flashcard anyway... Maybe it is something I should try. I'll see if I can reactivate it.