Mar 13, 2012
Status
Medical Student
I finished UWorld recently, and found it mildly challenging. Overall though, I found the questions to be well written and honestly not very vague.

USMLE Rx seems to be a bit tougher for me, which is weird because everyone keeps saying it is straight forward. Don't get me wrong, there are a ton of easy questions on here....but is anyone else finding the presentations to be a bit more vague and actually slightly challenging?

I just expected to breeze through this after completing UWorld, but I guess not...

EazyE1907

5+ Year Member
Aug 14, 2012
Status
Medical Student
yeah i absolutely agree. the presentations are vague and i've honestly had a harder time with rx questions then i had with world. Some of the questions are well written but then a lot of the others are ridiculous facts not mentioned in FA. I think world still wins my lightyears but rx is way better than kaplan and a good adjunct qbank to solving questions

J ROD

Watch my TAN walk!!
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Aug 1, 2005
working on my tan......
Status
Attending Physician
I have been thinking the same thing. I only do medium and hard questions and they have seemed rather difficult to me. Really specific in some places. I have got from upper 90s to low 50s on some. I usually am around the 65-70 range but I feel it is more difficult than what is expressed on here. Personally, I hope the real deal is like UW. I have done about half of it. Now starting on the UW.

About the Ads

notbobtrustme

Crux Terminatus
Removed
Account on Hold
Jun 28, 2011
Status
Medical Student
Rx is much more like the practice NBMEs than Uworld and as such, great practice to nail down the specifics. In many questions. Uworld gives you too many ways to solve the problem. On NBMEs and Rx, either you know it or you don't and IMO, this makes Rx a very valuable tool.

Mar 24, 2013
Status
Medical Student
Rx is much more like the practice NBMEs than Uworld and as such, great practice to nail down the specifics. In many questions. Uworld gives you too many ways to solve the problem. On NBMEs and Rx, either you know it or you don't and IMO, this makes Rx a very valuable tool.
Yeah that's exactly my problem with USMLERX and NBME the you know it or not. Uworld even if I don't know wtf is going on I can try to maneuver around to an educated guess but I can't pull that crap on RX or NBME which stresses me out because I don't know how the real exam is going to be?

Polymyxin

5+ Year Member
Jan 22, 2014
Status
MD/PhD Student
I'm also finding value in doing Rx on medium/hard too ("easy" is really easy).

What do you all think of the "Predicted USMLE performance" on the cumulative analysis page?

notbobtrustme

Crux Terminatus
Removed
Account on Hold
Jun 28, 2011
Status
Medical Student

What do you all think of the "Predicted USMLE performance" on the cumulative analysis page?
same thing as I think about Uworld % to Step 1 score -> nothing at all.

YeahNoMind

5+ Year Member
Feb 28, 2014
NY
Status
Medical Student

You're right. Easy on rx really is WAY too easy. I doubt the real deal will be even close to those.

Mar 13, 2012
Status
Medical Student
You would be surprised. I have heard that the real test is a mixture of super easy, medium, hard, and insane questions. Some will definitely be that easy.

Reactions: notbobtrustme

YeahNoMind

5+ Year Member
Feb 28, 2014
NY
Status
Medical Student
You would be surprised. I have heard that the real test is a mixture of super easy, medium, hard, and insane questions. Some will definitely be that easy.
Definitely. I'm sure you've read the experiences where people say that there were questions that simply asked: "What is the mean of these values?" Like a 4th grade arithmetic question. I guess my point is that with 28 days left, I'd rather blast through whatever medium/hard RX is left at this point, while completing as many NBMES+Uworld notes as possible. There are 931 total "easy" questions in RX. I've done a couple of blocks of them before.
None of the easy category Rx questions require lateral thinking. I still love that qbank though man. It helped a lot.

Wizard of Gauze

Membership Revoked
Removed
Account on Hold
May 29, 2014
If anyone's looking to purchase Rx, my school got a code to sign up for USMLE-Rx, expiring this Thursday, June 5th. The code is SUNYDOWNQMAX1 & it's $99 for 12-month subscription, which you can buy now and activate up to 6 months later if you prefer to wait. It's normally $200, so definitely a steal.

About the Ads