Usmle Score

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

giznut12

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
just had a question concerning the USMLE...It was said that most people come out of the test feeling as if they failed. I actually felt like I did very well. It seemed like there were 5-10 ?'s on every block that I struggled with along with a few questions that I missed bc of pure stupidity. If I were to get around 70-75% of the questions correct on the actual exam, what kind of score should I expect? I was shooting for a 220-230. The anxiety of waiting for 6 weeks is going to kill me. Can anyone give me an estimate? Its driving me crazy.Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

from what people have been saying on this board, an 80% is like 250. 75% would be around 230, 70% around 220. i'm sure you did a lot better than you think you did. just go relax. i have it this thursday and i'm freakin out! i can't do anything about it at this point though, whatever i know is whatever i know. i'm not going to learn much in the next two days that's going to make any big difference.

I agree man. I have the COMLEX tomorrow and haven't really done much for it (besides a little OMM) since I took the USMLE last Thursday. Good luck on Thursday.

Later.

by the way, how long does it take to get scores back? do you get something in the mail or is it all on the web?

Members don't see this ad :)
giznut12 said:
I agree man. I have the COMLEX tomorrow and haven't really done much for it (besides a little OMM) since I took the USMLE last Thursday. Good luck on Thursday.

Later.

u took the comlex and the USMLE? why?

I took the USMLE in order to keep all of my options open. I plan on going into a competitive speciality and it gives the program directors a way to compare "apples to apples" so to speak. I don't want to regret not taking it two years from now when applying for residency. Actually it wasn't that difficult of a decision to make. DO's and MD's study the same materials in preparation for the boards anyway...so I figured why not take it? It was also good practice for the COMLEX (if that's possible) :laugh:

coconut lime said:
by the way, how long does it take to get scores back? do you get something in the mail or is it all on the web?

It takes 3-4 weeks for the results unless you took the exam on or after May 26th, which would then mean you'll probably have to wait until mid-July.

If you feel good about the exam after taking it, you probably did pretty well. I don't think I've ever heard of anyone who felt good walking away from their exam only to find out later that they tanked it.