USMLE scores and radiology fellowships

Started by xtqfh
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

xtqfh

New Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Would a low Step 2 CK score (228) lower my chances of landing a good radiology fellowship?

I'm a Canadian who was under the (false) impression that I just needed to pass. Currently working on Step 1 (writing out of order).

I honestly don't have a reference point to compare to and most program websites say nothing (other than submit USMLE scores to us). I know my score is bad for a residency match - I'm just not sure how detrimental it is for a fellowship application?
 
Anecdotally I can tell you I've known some individuals with atrocious step scores who've made it into elite IR programs, but I imagine that would not be a common occurrence.
 
Anecdotally I can tell you I've known some individuals with atrocious step scores who've made it into elite IR programs, but I imagine that would not be a common occurrence.

Fellowship placements are likely more about who you know I suppose. Connections can go a very long way.