USMLE Status online

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrIng

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I seem to remember someone mentioning that you can find out your pass/fail status on the Net. Can someone enlighten me how this is possibe? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Well I guess that's one way, but I'm sure there was another way. it was a throw away line someone made- 'I logged on and found out I passed.' It's jsut that's I'm in Australia so it will take a while for the mailed results to reach me...

Originally posted by Idiopathic
try and re-register for step I. If it lets you, then you didnt pass.

This is TOTALLY untrue. I tried this and was allowed to register again and passed I passed the step. This caused a HUGE amount of stress for me in the hours before the Dean called to tell me my scores were in and I passed. I didn't really relax until I got the official score report in the mail.
I had the added duty of getting the USMLE to cancel the registration.

Members don't see this ad :)
You probably tried it too early then, I would think. I would not say TOTALLY untrue. It is the USMLE policy that you cannot under any circumstances take the step after passing it, so if you wait the right amount of time and check, it should let you know one way or the other.

Well it worked. Earlier in the day i went to rebook and it told me that I had not yet passed and I got down, then I consolled myself with maybe it hadn't gone through and I checked later in the day and I passed!!! Luckily when it said I had not passed I simply pulled out of the process so I didn't have to pay anything and go through that rigmarole. thanks for all your suggestions.