USMLE Step 1 June dates

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DOctorJay

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
anyone know what dates in June '06 the USMLE step 1 is offered? I tried to find this info on the site but I think you actually have to register and pay before you can find out the schedule.

I would appreciate it if someone knows when it's offered or if it will differ from site to site.

thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

DOctorJay said:
anyone know what dates in June '06 the USMLE step 1 is offered? I tried to find this info on the site but I think you actually have to register and pay before you can find out the schedule.

I would appreciate it if someone knows when it's offered or if it will differ from site to site.

thanks!

I'm pretty sure it's offered any day that the Prometric testing centers is open. You just want to register early so you can get the day of your choice.

Once you register at the USMLE website, you choose a 3 month period in which you want to take the exam. They'll then send you an orange document with a registration number with which you can go to the prometrics website to choose a location and test date. When you select your date depending on the schedule and availability of the site. I scheduled my test a few days ago, and as I recall, the potential dates for my test was 3 times every weekday (you can schedule your exam to start at 8:30. 10:30, or 12:30), one starting time on saturday, and maybe on sunday (I forget if it's closed on sunday or not).

The thing you probably want to keep in mind is that if you're looking for a may or june test date, the phrase "ASAP" should reverberate in your mind. When you register on the USMLE website for your test, you have to print out a confirmation form thing, where you attach a 2x2 picture and give it to your registrar and then he sends it to the NBME and then they send you a document with a registration number on it that you need to set your test date. There is a delay of a couple of weeks between when you submit the initial application and when you get the registration document, and I'm sure that delay will be even longer over the holiday even if you were to get the confirmation form to your registrar as early as tomorrow.

Members don't see this ad :)
I tried to register for a June date at my test center but they won't even open up the June dates until late next month :mad:
So, depending on your location you may not even be able to register yet even with the orange scheduling permit.

Interesting, I'd try calling again in your case to talk to someone else. I called to register for COMLEX and the lady on the phone immediately opened a date for me. Good luck getting your date!

-J