USMLE/COMLEX USMLE Step 1 Review Courses - Audio for 2013-2014 USMLE - Total Audio Package

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
USMLE Step 1 Review Courses - Audio for 2013-2014 USMLE
- The Total Audio Package

For TPW 2013 Apollo will be giving away Two (2) "USMLE Step 1 Review Courses - The Total Audio Package" and Two (2) "USMLE Step 2 Review Courses - The Total Audio Package" (a $349.95 value each) to 4 lucky SDN members! Winners for each raffle will be drawn from among the members who post questions or otherwise meaningfully contribute to the discussion. Good Luck on the 2013-2014 USMLE!

FREE USMLE Reviews & 40% OFF
Study On Your Schedule!

USMLE Step 1 Review - The Total Audio Package

Apollo's USMLE Step 1 Total Audio Package is our most-comprehensive USMLE Step 1 Review Course for your 2013-2014 Board Exams that includes ALL OF OUR STEP 1 AUDIO MP3s combined into a single program and at a significant discount. Program contents include:
  • Gold Standard Step 1 of the Boards Audio
  • Gold Standard Foundations of Medicine Audio
  • USMLE Help Anatomy Audio MP3
  • USMLE Help Biochemistry Audio MP3

20% to 40% Discounts on this USMLE Step 1 Review Course are Here:

What is the Total Audio Package USMLE Step 1 Review Course?

First - these are NOT lectures.

Our USMLE Step 1 Review Course for your 2013-2014 USMLE is not just an audio recording of your med school lectures. Apollo's Total Audio Package is based on a cutting-edge learning theory for adult learners. Subjects are covered using a detail-by-detail, question-pause-answer technique which actually engages your brain.

- Lectures are Boring because there is no mental engagement.

- The Total Audio Package is Engaging because learning is accomplished through Questions and Your Answers. This USMLE Step 1 Review Course is designed to work by asking you the question, pausing to give you a minute to formulate an answer, and finally giving you the correct answer.

Second - you are NOT tied to your computer.

This This USMLE Step 1 Review Course is in MP3 format designed for your iPhone, iPod, iPad, smart phone, or other mp3 player. So you can study for your 2013 and 2014 USMLE Step 1 Exams: - At the Gym - Walking the Dog - On the Road - Lying On the Beach - On a Slopes - Or Wherever You Are!

Do You...
Need More Study Time?
Want an Advantage?
We All Do!

And this USMLE Step 1 Audio Review Course gives you more study time each day and a unique advantage on the USMLE! The Total Audio Package USMLE Step 1 Audio Review Course has helped hundreds of medical students.

To Put is VERY SIMPLY this review is. . .

What is Included In the USMLE Step 1 Audio Package?
- - - Over 130 hours of Step 1 Audio Review!

1. Gold Standard Step 1 of the Boards - Included
  • A 69 HOUR of Step 1 USMLE Audio Review in Q & A Format
  • PLUS 150% "FAST Speed" version included for FREE
  • PLUS 300 page Step 1 Reference Manual PDF document FREE

2. Gold Standard Foundations of Medicine Audio - Included
  • A 48 HOUR USMLE Audio Review in Q & A Format
  • Great for the USMLE Step 1 AND USMLE Step 2 AND Clinical Rotations

3. USMLE Help Anatomy Audio MP3 - Included
  • A 7.5 HOUR USMLE Anatomy Audio Review in Q & A Format
  • Includes over 1,200 Anatomy Questions and Answers

4. USMLE Help Biochemistry Audio MP3 - Included
  • A 6 HOUR USMLE Biochemistry Audio Review in Q & A Format
  • Includes over 1,000 Biochemistry Questions and Answers

Get 40% OFF the USMLE Step 1 Total Audio Package Here!
- - - Email Subscribers Only - Sign Up NOW!

Email Subscribers Receive:
  • 40% OFF USMLE "Total Audio Packages"
  • 40% OFF USMLEHelp audio as a part of the "Total Audio Packages"
  • 40% OFF Gold Standard USMLE Audio Reviews
  • 2 FREE USMLE Audio Downloads Per Month
  • Periodic Discount Codes for an Additional 10% to 25% OFF
  • Product Updates and Notifications
  • And More...

Your Time is Too Valuable to Waste!

Choose One of Our USMLE Audio Reviews Today -

Study On Your Schedule!

Browse USMLE Reviews Here - Get Free Monthly Downloads Here
Keywords for this thread are - USMLE, Step, 1, Review, Courses, Audio, 2013, 2014, USMLE, Total Audio Package, USMLE Step 1, Review Courses, 2013-2014, Total Audio Package

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
What is the format of USMLE Step 1 Review Course - Total Audio Package?

- These audio files are not "lectures".
- They are NOT just a person standing in front of a class reading a book or slides to you.
- The whole program is in question and answer audio format to maximize retention and interaction with the USMLE Audio program, to improve your 2013-2014 board scores.

Study On Your Schedule!

The Entire USMLE Review Course is Q & A Format

Both, the Gold Standard USMLE Audio Reviews and the USMLEHelp Step 1 Audio Reviews are in Q & A format the entire program. It works like this:

For Gold Standard Audio Reviews -
  • This is an interactive learning program to maximize retention
  • The speaker asks a question
  • There is a pause for you to think about the answer and answer in your head.
  • Then the speaker gives you the correct answer
  • At the end of each section the speaker usually summarizes all the points just covered

For USMLE Help USMLE Audio MP3 Reviews -

• The format is the same type (Q & A) but there is no summary at the end of each section

Do You...
Need More Study Time?
Want an Advantage?
We All Do!

How Do I Incorporate USMLE Audio Files into my Busy Schedule?

I recommend you do what I did as a medical student - which is to fill your mental "down time" with USMLE Audio. That is to say, be sure to listen to your USMLE Audio Reviews when:

• Commuting (for some this in an extra hour or two of study time per day)
  • Mowing the yard (an hour or two a week)
  • Walking the dog (this was an extra 7 hours a week of study time for me)
  • At the gym (another extra 5-7 hours of study time per week)
  • Traveling home to see the folks (an extra 4 to 10 hours of study time per trip)
  • If you can't sleep - pop on your iPod and study a little while you drift off (note you can't learn while actually sleeping - it doesn't work - I tried it)
  • If you are an extremist like me - at the beach and while snow-skiing (I've done it)

In addition, when it comes crunch time approaches an you are really cramming for the USMLE

• Set aside some study time each day to sit in a quiet place
  • Pop on your USMLE MP3 Reviews for Step 1
  • Listen intensively as you go through all the material
  • Take notes on hard to remember or understand points as you go
  • Go through the audio multiple times

Tips on Using The USMLE Step 1 Review Audio Courses

1. Calculate the total number hours of the program
2. Make a schedule to cover the program the desired number of times in that time frame
3. Stick to your schedule - do not deviate
4. Some recommend deleting files from your library once you have learned them.

Study On Your Schedule!

Last edited:
When do you recommend that medical students start using your product for USMLE review?

From my personal experience, I used the audio files during my basic science classes. I used them to fill "wasted" time during my commute or while painting the house or mowing the yard, or whatever.

So you can use the USMLE Step 1 Total Audio Package to change "wasted" time into "study" time from your first day of med school.

I actually did not discover audio to study for med school and the USMLE Step 1 until after 6 months in school. My grades were mediocre after the first semester, and I started studying with audio. My grades improved and I graduated in the top of my class with great USMLE Step 1 Scores.

I read your blog, and it appears from it that you are still an undergraduate (although the info may be dated in blog). The summer before med school would be a good time to actually listen to some of the USMLE Step 1 Total Audio Package to begin to prepare yourself for med school. You will create mental "file folders" over the summer that will be filled over the course of your medical training. Don't "study" before med school, but listen some to get the idea of where you are going.

Study On Your Schedule!

Members don't see this ad :)
There are many review courses and materials that utilize visual elements for learning and memory retention. Do you feel the audio sessions and PDFs are adequate study/review materials for the USMLE on their own?

There are many review courses and materials that utilize visual elements for learning and memory retention. Do you feel the audio sessions and PDFs are adequate study/review materials for the USMLE on their own?

No. I believe there is no single, source that is "adequate" on it's own.

Each USMLE Step 1 review book (or online or audio program) is written from a different perspective. They emphasize different things. The explain the same concepts from different perspectives.

Using Only 1 USMLE Step 1 Review Source

Therefore, I recommend using more than one source to for your USMLE Step 1 Review. If you depend only on one source, and the information you need is not in that source, you are in a bad position (having never covered the material).

Using Multiple USMLE Review Sources

As a student, I used Gold Standard for the USMLE Step 1, First Aid for the USMLE Step 1, Step up to the USMLE, Underground Clinical Vignettes, and BRS Pathology. I found that if a concept was "really important" then it was covered in ALL the sources. However, other "less important" topics would only be covered in 2 of the sources (but not all).

Therefore, there is no single resource that I would recommend as "adequate" to cover all subjects on the USMLE Step 1 (not even the audio products that we produce and sell). You need to use multiple sources.

The real advantage of the audio is to fill your otherwise "wasted" time.

Study On Your Schedule!