USMLE Step 1 Score Release Timeline

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

midnight.tea

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone! I'm sorry if this question has been answered before, but I tried to search for an answer with no luck. Since scores are released on Wednesdays, if you have an exam scheduled on a Thursday/Friday, which Wednesday do you start counting your 3/4 weeks from? So, for example, say I had scheduled my exam for today, Fri. November 8th. Should I count the 4 weeks (for my score release) from Wednesday, Nov. 6th, or Wednesday Nov. 13th? Also, my friend's exam is scheduled for the first week of Dec. (Dec 4th I believe). Will there be any delay in receiving her score due to New Years/Christmas? I wasn't sure when she asked me. Thanks for any help you can give me.

Members don't see this ad.

If you take it Thursday or Friday, it's 3 Wednesdays until you get your score. If you take it Monday or Tuesday, it's 4 Wednesdays. Not sure what's the case if you take it on a Wednesday, maybe someone else cam chime in on that.

For example, if you took it today Friday Nov. 8, you can expect your score on Wednesday Nov 27. If you took it on Monday Nov 11, you can expect your score on Wednesday Dec 4.

Hope that helps.

Thanks for the reply nguyen. Why is it that it takes longer to get your score if you take it on a Monday or Tuesday, as opposed to a Thursday/Friday? Also, for my friend, do you know when she'd receive her score if she takes it Fri. Dec 6 (I asked her, that's when she scheduled it, not Dec. 4th like I thought)? If I count 3 Wednesdays from Wed Dec. 6th, it falls on Dec 25, which is Christmas. I'm assuming it would be released the following Wed. then?

thanks for the response skyblue, so it will basically take 5 weeks for her to receive her score? Man, that wait would kill me.