USMLE step 2 and canadian boards

Started by IwishMD
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

IwishMD

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am just wondering that how similar are the USMLE step 2 CK and the canadian boards? I am M4 and graduating this spring from a canadian school and planning on studying for both of the exams this summer. thank you for ur help.🙂
 
I am just wondering that how similar are the USMLE step 2 CK and the canadian boards? I am M4 and graduating this spring from a canadian school and planning on studying for both of the exams this summer. thank you for ur help.🙂
I haven't written the USMLE so I can't help you out there, but I'm just a bit confused. If you are graduating from a Canadian medical school this year then presumably you are writing the LMCC Part 1 at the beginning of May along with everyone else, then will do the LMCC Part 2 in your PGY-2 year. Perhaps you are taking a different route?
 
USMLE 2 and the QE 1 exam are very similar. if you prep for one you are pretty much good for the other one. The best way to know where you stand is take an NBME exam on line. they are proven to have the best predictive value (+/- 9 points) you pay $50 and its well worth it. Also the best way to prep for the USMLE is taking the question bank on USMLE world. All the best!!