USMLE Step 3 needed?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

PayingMyDues

Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi

I was wondering if I needed to take USMLE Step 3 for a future Card. Fellowship?...I am a DO and have taken USMLE step 1 and 2..and did not want to fork over the 1g for the CS...thanks in advance
 
Hi

I was wondering if I needed to take USMLE Step 3 for a future Card. Fellowship?...I am a DO and have taken USMLE step 1 and 2..and did not want to fork over the 1g for the CS...thanks in advance


You're confusing things, dude... CS is a part of Step 2 that you absolutely MUST take in order to apply for Cards fellowship, so you'll have to fork that money over. Step 3 is an entirely separate test that is not required for applying, though I would definitely urge you to take it if you did poorly on Step 1 or Step 2 CK.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad