USMLE step 3

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Best study guide for USMLE Step 3?

• Crush Step 3

Votes: 7 50.0%
  • First Aid Step 3

Votes: 7 50.0%

• Total voters

waterski232002

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm only going to study for 3 or 4 days for step 3.... What book is better for a quick and easy review. Crush or First Aid?

Members don't see this ad.

if you're only studying for 3-4 days...i'd go for crush. that's what i studied...but then again, i actually studied for more than 2 weeks, it would totally suck to fail the easiest of the step exams. good luck.

I also reviewed my Boards & Wards book prior to taking the test... not to mention thoroughly reviewing the questions and cases on the CD. There were several questions straight from the CD on the knowlege section, and a couple cases very similar to the ones on the CD. It is also a good idea to at least review how to navigate the cases as the system is not self explainatory or intuitive.

from people who took this test was it that bad? and is the rule of 2's true?

Was it enough?

I took it early in my second year, so I had to take a couple weeks to review all the OB/GYN, peds, psych, etc. that I'd forgotten. Bear in mind that this was during a busy ICU month.

I took it early in my second year, so I had to take a couple weeks to review all the OB/GYN, peds, psych, etc. that I'd forgotten. Bear in mind that this was during a busy ICU month.

thanks