USMLE Step II CK practice test difficulty - Predictive of actual exam???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Primate

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

I'm taking Step II CK tomorrow and just took the USMLE practice Step II test. It was much easier than USMLEWorld (as expected), but how close is it to the difficulty of the actual test??

Close? Harder (unlikely)? Much easier (I hope not!)?

Just trying to decide if I should relax or panic. ;)

Thanks for the input!

P

Members don't see this ad.

Hi,

I noticed that no one answered your question before your exam. I'm interested in the answer and was wondering how you felt that the USMLE Step II practice test compared to the real deal.

Thanks!

I would suggest searching for old threads, as this has come up in the past.
The NBME practice tests vary with regards to how difficult they are than the actual NBME exam. I thought the NBME minis were harder than my exam, but I was not as well prepared when I took them. You should take them to see where you stand (rough guide) and where you're weak, but don't read into the scores too much. That said, if your scores are far from passing and your test is coming up, consider postponing it!

NBME is the most accurate. usmle world and qbank maybe will let u predict + or - 6pts on the 2 digit scale at best. NBME perhaps + or - 2 pts on the 2 digit scale. This i feel could be true 90% of the time. the practice test is useless to predict anything. however it is a great way to practice using the software.