Europe USMLE step1 for European medical students

Started by pwmken
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

pwmken

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone!
I'm a new member here. I'm a European medical student and I really need your advice on whether I should go for the USMLE or not.
I'm a 4th-year medical student (6 years are needed in my country to finish med school) and I'm thinking of preparing myself for the USMLE step1.
I'm not sure if I'm going to work in the US after I get my degree, but my professors suggest that I give it a shot as an undergraduate. What do I mean by that? Well, they believe that even if I'm going to work outside the US, e.g. in Europe, having the USMLE certificate really boosts your CV and indicates that you possess and can apply medical knowledge.
What do you think? Do you believe that USMLE is worth the money and the time even if I'm not interested in working in the US?
(I also need help with choosing the right review app and comprehensive sources, but I'm gonna include this in another post! )
Thank you all!
 
USMLE is worthless in most countries outside of the US. I'm not aware of any country in Europe that accepts it. It will probably give you something to talk about, but won't give you any clear advantages. It's probably not worth the time and money if you don't plan on going to the US.