USMLE vs COMPLEX

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

vegangirl

DOctor begins with DO
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was just wondering the difference, im aware that the USMLE doesnt contain the OMM, but i was curious as to if they contain the same amount of info such as 15% Biochem, 10% anatomy etc.

Members don't see this ad.

No 'P' in COMLEX. Although the COMLEX is 'COMPLEX', but thats neither here nor there.

I do beleive that the COMLEX I is more clinically oriented than the USMLE Step 1, and COMLEX tests less Biochem, but I'm only an MS1 so others probably could give you a better answer.

:laugh: wow, sorry for the pun, the mornings caffeine is finally wearing off!

Members don't see this ad :)
The other poster is correct about the COMLEX being more clinical. There is also less biochem on COMLEX and a ton of biochem AND molecular bio on the USMLE. There is more anatomy on COMLEX and some of these questions are tied into OMM questions. There also seems to be more micro on the COMLEX. You will find more graphs and charts on the USMLE. Both tests are quite different, but since COMLEX will be going computer based soon it will be interesting to see how the test changes.