usmle world 2nd pass

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sjsmx75

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was just wondering does anyone know how well your doing on your 2nd pass of usmle world compare to the actual test....I'm going through it a 2nd time and the 1st time i think i averaged ~61% now im at like ~82. Is that the general trend for most people ? I'll admit about 95% of the questions seem new to me, but a handful i do remember. I think this time I'm understanding the questions a lot more and understand the concepts compared to the 1st time. What's the general trend for most people ?

Members don't see this ad.

Yep...my first set of UWorld scores were around 60% and my final average the second time through was 83%.
As for the actual test...I'll let you know when I get my scores back. ;)

I was doing about 65-70% on my first pass and close to 90% my second time through. If you want a real ball buster do blocks of misses. Its kind of frustrating but i actually felt like i was learning more efficiently that way.

I went from 78% to >95% on that second pass. I then switched to doing only the incorrect ones in blocks of 46.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'll to wrong ones before my second pass and write down educational concept of the wrong ones.

when you guys do your second pass are you just selecting all questions? or did you do the mark thing

when you guys do your second pass are you just selecting all questions? or did you do the mark thing

I didn't leave many of them marked after I went through the explanations the first time. I usually either did 46q blocks of a specific system that I was working on or 46q blocks of random missed questions.

Unfortunately I didn't mark my wrong questions so I'll choose incorrect ones and eventually if I miss one in this second round they will show up again..

i didn't mark them either. now as i'm going through it i just select all questions but i get at least 4-5 repeats every single block, it's annoying. i do find that going over missed questions is a lot more humbling, since those beginning questions just seem way too easy especially with the number of repeats it tends to inflate my percentage.

Yep...my first set of UWorld scores were around 60% and my final average the second time through was 83%.
As for the actual test...I'll let you know when I get my scores back. ;)

I think my scores were similar to this. Quinone and I have the same brain AGAIN! :smuggrin:

But I wasn't caring as much about the percentages as much as nailing the concepts. If I was going through in tutor mode and I got a question right but still felt shaky over the concept, I would change my answer to a wrong one so that it would show up again the next time I make a batch out of wrong answers. I know that my friends didn't like this idea because it discouraged them to not always get a high score, but I was able to deal with it. Not knowing a concept or thought process was much more of a concern.

I'm running through 2 nd pass uw in the next 5 days. I'm doing all timed 46 q blocks...have 1600 to go. Not really focusing on nbmes....could be a bad idea but I think focusing on my weaknesses the week before is better than trying to predict what I'll see next Wednesday. I hope I peak at the right time...that's what she said. Ha ha sorry I'm burnt out.