USMLE world questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chiefMD

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I thought I would repost a thread about this topic. I was wondering how many people are doing World more than once? I have about 80 days or so till my test. I scheduled three rounds of World before my test. I know I should do at least two but is three overkill?

I read some people do 125 questions towards the end which would give me enough time for three rounds anyway.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm doing one full round. Then I'll switch to questions based on those that I marked and those that I got incorrect. Once I'm finished with those, if I have time, I'll start a second round.

The key is to understand the material. If you're able to do that after two rounds, then great!

So I thought I would repost a thread about this topic. I was wondering how many people are doing World more than once? I have about 80 days or so till my test. I scheduled three rounds of World before my test. I know I should do at least two but is three overkill?

I read some people do 125 questions towards the end which would give me enough time for three rounds anyway.

UWorld twice is good. Definitely end on UWorld since the interface is the same as the USMLE and the questions are most similar.

Put it this way, if you're learning properly from the QBank, a third pass shouldn't be necessary. The first pass should build additional shelf knowledge and question familiarity and the second pass should be to build rapid recall.

It obviously comes down to personal preference, but I believe that time spent on a third pass is time that could be spent more productively on new questions altogether.

Plan on completing your second pass of UWorld about two weeks before the exam (the final two weeks should be all FA memorization and the NBME exams). That being said, after you finish your first pass of UWorld, do questions from other QBanks before heading into the final pass.

I hope that helps.

~Phloston

UWorld twice is good. Definitely end on UWorld since the interface is the same as the USMLE and the questions are most similar.

Put it this way, if you're learning properly from the QBank, a third pass shouldn't be necessary. The first pass should build additional shelf knowledge and question familiarity and the second pass should be to build rapid recall.

It obviously comes down to personal preference, but I believe that time spent on a third pass is time that could be spent more productively on new questions altogether.

Plan on completing your second pass of UWorld about two weeks before the exam (the final two weeks should be all FA memorization and the NBME exams). That being said, after you finish your first pass of UWorld, do questions from other QBanks before heading into the final pass.

I hope that helps.

~Phloston

agree...2 passes should be plenty, mixed in with other Qbanks in between...3, you just start to memorize answers