Step I USMLE World Subscription Length

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Futuredoctr

Member
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
How long did you buy the subscription for, and whats your advice for length?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
How many questions are you guys doing per day? Im so incredibly slow. I seriously dont know how I can do any more than 50 Q per day since it takes me like 6 hours to review everything. no joke. 🙁
 
How many questions are you guys doing per day? Im so incredibly slow. I seriously dont know how I can do any more than 50 Q per day since it takes me like 6 hours to review everything. no joke. 🙁

50-100 on most days. 150 max: And thats if I'm really getting the majority of them right. For review, 1-1.5hr per block.

Why is it taking you 6hrs per block?
 
50-100 on most days. 150 max: And thats if I'm really getting the majority of them right. For review, 1-1.5hr per block.

Why is it taking you 6hrs per block?


Well Im reading all of the explanations, including the ones I got right and taking notes on key concepts. Argh, i dont know how I can go any faster. It just takes me forever to read everything! I really do need to speed it up.

Are you reviewing the questions after you complete a block or are you doing tutor mode?

Thanks!
 
Well Im reading all of the explanations, including the ones I got right and taking notes on key concepts. Argh, i dont know how I can go any faster. It just takes me forever to read everything! I really do need to speed it up.

Are you reviewing the questions after you complete a block or are you doing tutor mode?

Thanks!

I review the questions after I complete a block.

When I review, if I got the question right, I breeze thru the explanation and don't even read the other stuff because I know I got it right and I know why. If I guessed and got it right, then I'll review the right and wrong explanations. And usually if its a one or two-step question, I'll just go down to the bottom and read that instead of reading a, c, c, d.....

If I got it wrong, I'll only read why I got it wrong(meaning whatever answer choice that is) and then the right answer. I don't read ALL the explanations cause usually I can narrow it down and I already know why those answer choices were wrong.

The only time I take notes is if there is a great chart or table or if its like you said "a key concept". Its really a judgment call on this one.

I do it this way so I can cover more questions in a reasonable amount of time. So if I have more time, I can cycle thru my wrong answers again to see if I got the concept.

Hope this helps....🙄


After reviewing some responses I think if I have more time, I'll review all answers and explanations, regardless if I answered them right or wrong...