USMLE World

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

path problems

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I had posted something about this earlier. I went through Qbank once. And I got USMLERx and USMLE World. I have to say they've been a great help. But is anyone else using them? Can we start score correlations of some sort?

After reviewing a topic - I'm at about 70% with Qbank. I'm not sure about random.

But on USMLE World - I'm in the 50s.

Anyone else?

Members don't see this ad.

I have completed 800 questions of USMLE world. I have an average of 52. My kaplan qbank score is around 70%. I feel UW questions are way togher then Kaplan Qbank. The explainations are also quite good. At times I feel that UW questions skew slightly to more step 2ish type questions..but over all I would say they are much better.
How may times have you gone over your stuff path problems? i am i my second revision and have 3 more weeks before the exam.

hey guys!! So do you guys think that USMLE world is better than Q bank?? Are the questions more pathophys based?

I would definitely say they are more pathophys related questions. Kaplan Qbank is also strong on those but UW questions make you think hard for the right answer choice..you can bring it down to 2 and then its either you know your theory so well that you choose the right answer or just go with the gut instinct!

Members don't see this ad :)
There was a thread that was just like this about 3 weeks ago. I was interested in UW also so I checked into it. My conclusion is that you should question peoples advice when it comes to this because I think some people are trying to push their new product on this website. Not to say that UW will suck, and for all I know it might be awesome. But when the only people who give expert opinions on UW are new members with like 3 post, you just got to be suspicious.

Ofcourse making 20 posts makes you soo much more credible doesnt it?! And hey predodoc..whoever you are..just to set it straight yes I am new to this forum but NO i do not work for UW. I was merely giving my thoughts on the product. In no way did I praise it to all ends nor did I knock any other product..such as kaplan Qbank. I personally am doing both Kaplan and UW. In comparison I find UW much tougher then Kaplan. This is all I was trying to say.
I think you should honestly put your nose back into your books then to jump at others who are sharing their advice with those who need it!
Cheers!

Actually, I was the person that started the thread a few weeks ago. And I was the one that raised doubts about the credibility of peoples' opinions. And I don't really care if you believe me. It's amazing how apathetic the compassionate field of medicine makes you.

Either way, I know everyone on here has scores that reach skyscraping heights. But, I don't. I took NBME Form 1 & 2 - I've only made about a 30 point increase to get to passing. So, I've got a lot more work ahead of me.

I've been through all of Qbank. And I've read the explanations. Random blocks on Qbank - I'm in the 70s. It fluctuates - and I don't know how much of this is because I remember the answers. The questions seem to be based on a lot of buzz words.

USMLE World - I'm in the 50s in tutor mode. I've only started using this in the past few weeks. The questions are quite involved, but the explanations are very good.

USMLERx - it's helped me integrate First Aid. I spent about a month, maybe more, just trying to memorize First Aid. And now it feels like a waste of time because rote memorization doesn't help. I got USMLERx about a week or 2 back. The question bank helps put things together. It's not challenging, but it helps if you're like me and can't memorize worth sshhh. I'm in the high 60s and 70s in this.

I don't know if that gives people a bit more info about these sources. Either way, it's just my opinion.

Ofcourse making 20 posts makes you soo much more credible doesnt it?! And hey predodoc..whoever you are..just to set it straight yes I am new to this forum but NO i do not work for UW. I was merely giving my thoughts on the product. In no way did I praise it to all ends nor did I knock any other product..such as kaplan Qbank. I personally am doing both Kaplan and UW. In comparison I find UW much tougher then Kaplan. This is all I was trying to say.
I think you should honestly put your nose back into your books then to jump at others who are sharing their advice with those who need it!
Cheers!

Dude, chill out. I didnt mean to upset you but if you really think about what I said then you would probably not get so mad. Us med students come on these forums to give advice and to get advice but since Nobody knows who anyone really is then your credibility lies in 1. how long you have been a member 2. how many post you make and 3. the content of those post. Now I know this but many others dont... so how many others? well even though there are only about 10 post from about 3-4 people, this thread will probably been seen by about 300 people. Now thats some serious selling potential to to any new product. Not to mention the students who tell their classmates that they heard UW was good on some forums. And like I said before, you are not the only person who was new with only a few post that gave opinions about it. So I was merely informing people to always question things on here. And Im sorry that I made it out like you were with UW.
And predodoc is actually my 2nd name on this forum and I use it sometimes when I dont want my classmates to know who I am for multiple reasons. I joined with my first name back when I was taking MCAT and have like 70 post, which isnt a ton but I really dont use these forums to "chat" but usually only to give advice and take advice.

Actually, I was the person that started the thread a few weeks ago. And I was the one that raised doubts about the credibility of peoples' opinions. And I don't really care if you believe me. It's amazing how apathetic the compassionate field of medicine makes you.

Either way, I know everyone on here has scores that reach skyscraping heights. But, I don't. I took NBME Form 1 & 2 - I've only made about a 30 point increase to get to passing. So, I've got a lot more work ahead of me.

I've been through all of Qbank. And I've read the explanations. Random blocks on Qbank - I'm in the 70s. It fluctuates - and I don't know how much of this is because I remember the answers. The questions seem to be based on a lot of buzz words.

USMLE World - I'm in the 50s in tutor mode. I've only started using this in the past few weeks. The questions are quite involved, but the explanations are very good.

USMLERx - it's helped me integrate First Aid. I spent about a month, maybe more, just trying to memorize First Aid. And now it feels like a waste of time because rote memorization doesn't help. I got USMLERx about a week or 2 back. The question bank helps put things together. It's not challenging, but it helps if you're like me and can't memorize worth sshhh. I'm in the high 60s and 70s in this.

I don't know if that gives people a bit more info about these sources. Either way, it's just my opinion.

Hey path Problems,
How similar is usmle world to those NBME test in regards to: difficulty, style, depth and length?
thanks

No hard feelings! Good luck studying for this beast with whatever tools you desire to achieve a score competitive enough for a good residency!
peace

Hey path Problems,
How similar is usmle world to those NBME test in regards to: difficulty, style, depth and length?
thanks

Man, I'll try my best to answer that.

Though the NBME exams seems to have shorter question stems, I guess they are a lot more involved than I realize. While taking the practice exams, I've felt they're not that bad. But my score doesn't think in the same manner.

UW questions on the other hand - the stems are longer - maybe they're trying to lead to a certain way of thinking. And the explanations are extensive. Maybe if you contact them, they might give you some sample questions.

Is there anyone out there that thought the NBME was not too bad, and still ended up with a stinky score? If so, what helped? I'm not sure if it's concepts, or details that are bogging me down.