USMLE World

Discussion in 'Step I' started by jtre506, May 29, 2008.

1. jtre506

jtre506 Junior Member

Took 4 50 question times test and averaged a 68%. does any one have any info on what range I should score in?

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. hsans23

no one really can tell you for sure since there isn't an estimator or anything...200 isn't a ton of questions, but that is a great average, i think you're headed for 230+ - good luck

4. jtre506

jtre506 Junior Member

thanks, I am almost done witht the USMLE World Q bank I have about 600 questions left. My over all average is a 64% The Biochem is destroying me any one else having this problem?
    any good biochem text to cram with, my test is June 16th

5. docmd2010

docmd2010 Senior Member

i'd look at brs biochemistry-it's quite complete, i've used it for world and have done well on the biochemistry questions.

good luck to you!!!

6. linuxgrl

linuxgrl Member

Medical Student
    Me too! The biochem on UW is way harder than the questions I had been doing... Lots of stuff not in FA. I've heard good things about Road Map Biochem but I haven't taken a look at it. The Kaplan biochem book is what I've been using...

7. SirCuneus

Medical Student
    I bought the BRS biochem review cards and those are awesome if you don't want to read that thick freaking book and your test is coming right up. They hit all the major points and they've worked great for me since I learn really well with flash cards.