USMLE

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Meow meow

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
HI. I'm new here. Can some one brief me about USMLE. I'm currently a second year medical student. Do you even advise me to take it?

Members don't see this ad.

... you have to take it to advance to third year... What has your school said to make you think otherwise?

Members don't see this ad :)
HI. I'm new here. Can some one brief me about USMLE. I'm currently a second year medical student. Do you even advise me to take it?
Hi,

To take the USMLE step 1 examination you have complete 3rd of MBBS and registered with ECFMG . Please find the ECFMG website for you refernece. http://ecfmg.org/

Then you have to prepare and block the examination date for USMLE. To explain about the USMLE in details which is a three steps examination. USMLE step 1, step2 CK, step 2 CS and step 3. After finishing 3rd year you can appear for USMLE step 1, while completing 4th year you can appear for USMLE step 2 CK and CS. While you start the residency in USA you can appear for USMLE step 3.

But once you start the preparation while studying the course (MBBS) which will be easy and you can cleary easy and save the time. If not it will take around 2 year to complete all the steps after MBBS.

So being a foreign med student (Norwegian), do I have to finish med school, and then sit thru the USMLEs or can I take the USMLE exams during med school (since some of the stuff for step 1 still might be fresh in my head)?

Hi guys!

I am a IMG, I am about to take the Part 1 of the USMLE. I scored 252 on NBME 17 a month ago and today (January 22th) I scored 244 on form 16.

My test is In two weeks. You guys think I am ready? I am a bit worried about the 8 points difference. Am I just freaking out for nothing?