sapience8x

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 1, 2005
Status
has anyone used this instead of kaplan qbank or in addition to it? how does it compare?

stu pedaso

10+ Year Member
Feb 11, 2005
Status
If you need to choose, go with QBank over USMLEasy. I actually used both. QBank felt more representative of the test. The only reason I used USMLEasy was because I learn well from doing lot of questions and reading over the answers. In general, the USMLEasy questions felt very similar to the Appleton and Lange question books. I never double-checked, but I would've guess they were the same questions that I saw in those books while studying for 3rd year shelf exams. Didn't adversely affect my score, though.

wtwei02

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 22, 2003
Visit site
Status
Avoid USML-SLEAZY, the questions aren't very represntative of step one, and I was definitely getting 15-20% more questions right on sleasy vs. Qbank. I got it free for a month last year when i took the boards, so i used to switch things up a bit, but I'd never pay for it. I did enjoy Q-bank though. The NBME assessment is definitely worth the money, a good predictor of your actual score, and good practice for pacing the exam.

Snuka

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 21, 2005
Status
wtwei02 said:
Avoid USML-SLEAZY, the questions aren't very represntative of step one, and I was definitely getting 15-20% more questions right on sleasy vs. Qbank. I got it free for a month last year when i took the boards, so i used to switch things up a bit, but I'd never pay for it. I did enjoy Q-bank though. The NBME assessment is definitely worth the money, a good predictor of your actual score, and good practice for pacing the exam.
Did you use the regular Q-bank or the clinical vignette Q-bank? I also saw they have just a phys Q-bank available. Do you think it's worth spending the extra money for each Q-bank or the general one will suffice for preparation?