usmleasy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sapience8x

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
has anyone used this instead of kaplan qbank or in addition to it? how does it compare?

Members don't see this ad.

If you need to choose, go with QBank over USMLEasy. I actually used both. QBank felt more representative of the test. The only reason I used USMLEasy was because I learn well from doing lot of questions and reading over the answers. In general, the USMLEasy questions felt very similar to the Appleton and Lange question books. I never double-checked, but I would've guess they were the same questions that I saw in those books while studying for 3rd year shelf exams. Didn't adversely affect my score, though.

Avoid USML-SLEAZY, the questions aren't very represntative of step one, and I was definitely getting 15-20% more questions right on sleasy vs. Qbank. I got it free for a month last year when i took the boards, so i used to switch things up a bit, but I'd never pay for it. I did enjoy Q-bank though. The NBME assessment is definitely worth the money, a good predictor of your actual score, and good practice for pacing the exam.

wtwei02 said:
Avoid USML-SLEAZY, the questions aren't very represntative of step one, and I was definitely getting 15-20% more questions right on sleasy vs. Qbank. I got it free for a month last year when i took the boards, so i used to switch things up a bit, but I'd never pay for it. I did enjoy Q-bank though. The NBME assessment is definitely worth the money, a good predictor of your actual score, and good practice for pacing the exam.

Did you use the regular Q-bank or the clinical vignette Q-bank? I also saw they have just a phys Q-bank available. Do you think it's worth spending the extra money for each Q-bank or the general one will suffice for preparation?