USMLE's

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dexorbit

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello fellow SDN members!

I know Im still far from my goals but Im just curious.

I know the P.I. medical schools have two teaching styles:
> Traditional-Based teaching and,
> Problem-Based Learning (PBL).

My question: of these two teaching methods, which helps you more for parallel study for the USMLE's? I mean which gives you more time to study for them?

I know I know that its better to study in the U.S. but Im just trying to weigh my options this time...

I would appreciate your responses a lot. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

The problem with Philippines med schools is that none of them will really prepare you well for the USMLE. They have have different way of teaching and asking questions in their exams. Find a school which will give you the most free time to parallel review for USMLE on your own. Ask around. Most schools there are traditional which will not give you any time at all.

Hello fellow SDN members!

I know Im still far from my goals but Im just curious.

I know the P.I. medical schools have two teaching styles:
> Traditional-Based teaching and,
> Problem-Based Learning (PBL).

My question: of these two teaching methods, which helps you more for parallel study for the USMLE's? I mean which gives you more time to study for them?

I know I know that its better to study in the U.S. but Im just trying to weigh my options this time...

I would appreciate your responses a lot. Thanks!

You won't be able to have time with most if not all the traditional schools. You'll be too busy with the amount of information that you have to learn as well as trying to assimilate with the different type of schooling environment.