usmlestep123steps.com

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bekham

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
jUst wanted to know if it was helpful for those who did their step 3?is the ccs a stimulated software package like in the exam cuz the ccs in uworld was a piece of crap!!!

Members don't see this ad.

hey dude, i'm taking my step 3 tuesday (pretty scared). i'm not a resident, rather i'm trying to get step 3 done with before july. i couldn't decide whether to go with world or 123 but ended up with 123. all i can say is i'm not a big fan of 123. the reason you ask?

123 isn't really like the real exam. the cases proceed in a predetermined sequence. whatever you order factors into the score at the end but doesn't direct the flow of the case. the orders that you can order are very limited too. for instance you can't just type 'chem' and have like chem 8 chem 14 etc all pop out. you can only type bmp. so it feels like a very very washed down CCS.

with that said, if you still plan on ordering i'd suggest you get it WAY in advance. there are 100 cases and it will take you a long time to get through it all.

wish there was a way we could trade, you take 123 and i'll take world. :)

hey dude, i'm taking my step 3 tuesday (pretty scared). i'm not a resident, rather i'm trying to get step 3 done with before july. i couldn't decide whether to go with world or 123 but ended up with 123. all i can say is i'm not a big fan of 123. the reason you ask?

123 isn't really like the real exam. the cases proceed in a predetermined sequence. whatever you order factors into the score at the end but doesn't direct the flow of the case. the orders that you can order are very limited too. for instance you can't just type 'chem' and have like chem 8 chem 14 etc all pop out. you can only type bmp. so it feels like a very very washed down CCS.

with that said, if you still plan on ordering i'd suggest you get it WAY in advance. there are 100 cases and it will take you a long time to get through it all.

wish there was a way we could trade, you take 123 and i'll take world. :)

Have you tried the 123 question bank? Anybody what is your opinion vs. world? Thanks

p.s. I don't really like world- I haven't taken my exam yet but world seems low yield.

jUst wanted to know if it was helpful for those who did their step 3?is the ccs a stimulated software package like in the exam cuz the ccs in uworld was a piece of crap!!!

I bought a one-month subscription to usmlesteps123...worst $99 I ever spent. Yes it is in the same format as the Primum (sp?) software, but it constantly interrupts you each time you progress through the case...I found this very annoying and for this reason I only completed like 8 of the cases on usmlesteps123.

After taking the test, I can say that going through the cases in the back of First Aid (twice) and playing around with the program on the USMLE cd was good enough preparation.

Members don't see this ad :)
hey everyone,

my step 3 exam is in 3 days... i have gone through usmleworld 3 times, and now i am going to spend time doing the usmle123 css cases. does anyone know what the highest yield cases are (of the 100)? Also, I want to power through Crush before the exam-- I have only been referencing it so far. Should I even bother with Crush? And go over my UW wrong answers? I also need to do the USMLE CD... Crap, I know that's a lot, but any advice?

Thanks in advance,

-Asim

hey everyone,

my step 3 exam is in 3 days... i have gone through usmleworld 3 times, and now i am going to spend time doing the usmle123 css cases. does anyone know what the highest yield cases are (of the 100)? Also, I want to power through Crush before the exam-- I have only been referencing it so far. Should I even bother with Crush? And go over my UW wrong answers? I also need to do the USMLE CD... Crap, I know that's a lot, but any advice?

Thanks in advance,

-Asim

hey everyone,

Thanks in advance,

-Asim

hey everyone,

Thanks in advance,

-Asim

usmle123.com is annoying, but essential in my opinion. The cases dont flow like the real examination, totally will agree to that. Nonetheless, it is practice for the real deal, and can only boost you're confidence navigating through cases, and you're speed also. I feel as if it is essential, to do well on the ccs portion of the examination. There may even be some duplicate cases. It is not the best obviously, but it is great practice. For instance, on the USMLE CD that you get for the examination, you cannot have any feedback, only practice putting the orders in. In this sense, I feel as usmle123 is great. I will agree it needs some major reconstruction though, as it interrupts, but look at it this way, it is constant teaching and reinforcement. You should be able to have an option to turn that constant feedback off though. The usmle123.com Qbank I would not touch, it looked low yield to me. It is a mistake to do these cases a few days prior to you're examination, as a previous poster put it, should be done way in advance.

usmle123.com is annoying, but essential in my opinion. The cases dont flow like the real examination, totally will agree to that. Nonetheless, it is practice for the real deal, and can only boost you're confidence navigating through cases, and you're speed also. I feel as if it is essential, to do well on the ccs portion of the examination. There may even be some duplicate cases. It is not the best obviously, but it is great practice. For instance, on the USMLE CD that you get for the examination, you cannot have any feedback, only practice putting the orders in. In this sense, I feel as usmle123 is great. I will agree it needs some major reconstruction though, as it interrupts, but look at it this way, it is constant teaching and reinforcement. You should be able to have an option to turn that constant feedback off though. The usmle123.com Qbank I would not touch, it looked low yield to me. It is a mistake to do these cases a few days prior to you're examination, as a previous poster put it, should be done way in advance.

Hi,

Thanks for your response. I have pretty much stuck with USMLEWorld's QBank. Would you or anyone else happen to know which of the 100 usmle123 css cases are the highest yield?

Thanks again,

Asim

Hi,

Thanks for your response. I have pretty much stuck with USMLEWorld's QBank. Would you or anyone else happen to know which of the 100 usmle123 css cases are the highest yield?

Thanks again,

Asim

hey sorry impossible to predict, do you have first aid? The cases in the back of the book are very HY, albeit the explanations are too skimpy. USMLE World's Qbank questions are vague at times, but the explanations are pretty good.