USMLEWorld correlation with the real thing

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

suckstobeme

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys-
For anyone that's taken the test and used USMLEWorld, can you post your USMLEWorld %age and your score? I think a lot of people (including myself) would find it comforting, even if you are a smarty-pants and your scores are insanely high.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

first pass througs usmleworld, 50 question timed blocks, all unused questions was around 63-65%
second pass through was more like 80%, but i only got a little ways through the second time.
step 2 was 234/95, or 235/94 i forget which.

Thanks for the info, Neil! I'm guessing your blocks were composed of random q's, right? I've been in the 60's so far as well, but i've been doing topic-specific q's, so that's kind of tough to compare.

Soooo wishing I could be in Prague right now!! :p

yeah, random, timed 50 q blocks. or actually 46q blocks. whatever step 2 has, i forget.

prague is a good time. come on over for a visit! but, i will be so happy when i never have to go back to prague...i am ready to be in the states permanently

Members don't see this ad :)
USMLE World 67%
NBME 3 - 660 / 250 (4 days before)
Step 2 - 262 (99)

The supposed correlation between USMLEworld (UW) and Step 2-CK is as follows:
Step 2-CK = 2.3(UW average) + 84

I actually ran the data that students posted on this forum. To my surprise, the formula above actually tended to UNDER-estimate peoples' scores on average. From the data I had, the conversion factor is mroe along the lines of 2.44(UW) + 84. The difference might be more than you think!