USMLE/COMLEX USMLEWORLD Step 2 offerings

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

USMLEWorld

Vendor
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
USMLEWORLD Step 2 CK (Clinical Knowledge) Qbank

Our Step 2 CK Qbank subscription includes the following contents:
  • 2200 and counting classic USMLE Step 2 CK questions
  • Sequencing/Set type questions that are recently introduced in the exam are now available
  • Detailed explanation for each question
  • Educational objective for each question
  • Continuous updates to the questions and explanations based on recent medical research and changes in diagnostic practices
  • Subject wise test creation
  • Timed, un-timed and tutor modes
  • Unused, All questions, Marked questions, Incorrect only questions selections
  • FRED v2 software interface features (highlight/strike-out, Notes, Searchable Lab values and Sequencing/Set questions)
  • Mark questions during the test and review; write notes during review
  • Review and analysis of previous tests
  • Cumulative performance
  • Compare your scores with other subscribers
Step 2 CK Qbank Subscription Rates
  • $90 for 30 days
  • $125 for 60 days
  • $175 for 90 days
  • $299 for 180 days
  • $399 for 360 days
View a non-interactive demo: http://www.usmleworld.com/DemoVideos/Step2Demo.htm
Review recent subscriber feedback: http://www.usmleworld.com/step2qbankLearnMore.htm

Step 2 CS (Clinical Skills) material

Our Step 2 CS subscription includes the following contents:
  • Physical Examination (with Video Clippings)
  • History Taking
  • Communication Skills
  • Abbreviations
  • Documentation of Cases
  • Key to Success
  • 70+ Excellent Cases (Includes 28 Sample Cases and 43 Practice Cases)
  • Counseling Issues
  • Investigations / Closing the encounter
  • Patient Notes for the practice cases (Only practice cases from 1-9 has Patient notes)
  • Guidance for Better Practice
  • On the Day of Exam and FAQ
Step 2 CS Subscription Rates
  • $50 for 30 days
  • $60 for 45 days
  • $70 for 60 days
Access our Step 2 CS demo: http://www.usmleworld.com/csaguest.asp
Review recent subscriber feedback: http://www.usmleworld.com/csafeedback.asp

Questions: Communicate with us directly via our website at http://www.usmleworld.com

Members don't see this ad.

so looking ahead to clerkships, i am curious as to how helpful uworld is in preparing students for shelf exams?

i used UW for step 1.. was awesome.. now prep for ck.. one suggestion it will be really useful if u have a search option to search for a question using keywords .. it is really hard to locate the question while revising..

include me in the raffle for step 2 ck... would love to win it!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
I've heard that USMLEWorld for Step 2 is good generally for shelf review but that for surgery, it's a bit ortho heavy.

That being said, I haven't purchased it as yet for studying but I intend to do so during the 2 weeks I give myself for Step 2 CK review. Unless I win it, of course, which would be awesome...

How do people like the Step 2 CS review from USMLEWORLD? I am interested in purchasing it if it is worthwhile.

Anyone tried the CS Step 2. Was wondering if this was good for CS review?

Will UW be offering practice tests for STEP II such as the ones offered for STEP I?

*enter me in the drawing*

Will UW be offering practice tests for STEP II such as the ones offered for STEP I?

*enter me in the drawing*

i hope they offer the practice exams to compliment the nbme's. does the step 2 qbank offer the same options as the step 1 such as complete explanations of each answer choice and percentages of how others are doing also? thanks, enter me too haha

I loved UWorld for Step 1 and have heard its great to prepare for shelf exams. I'll definitely be buying it to prepare for Step 2.
Thanks for the great product!

I loved UW for step 1 as well. Please include me in the raffle for step 2 materials as well!

UWorld was my primary question source for Step 1 and I loved it. I have have heard that step 2 q bank is a great way to prepare for shelf exams.

please include me in the raffle!

I did great on usmle 1 caus I had 6 month of uworld and did it twice
I want to the same for usmle 2 so please include me for uworld step 2
also how many questions are on the uworld step 2? and can we do keyword search for questions?

I'm pretty sure USMLEWorld was the main reason I overachieved on Step 1. I plan to use it as the main resource for step 2.

Thanks for the great product. Please include me in the raffle.

Members don't see this ad :)
Our Step2 CK material is primarily designed to be used to study for the actual USMLE exam however it should also help you prepare for your shelf exam(s).

Our Step2 CK uses the same principal as our Step 1 qbank as described in our original post and displays an explanation of each of the questions when performing a review.

Keyword search is an odd feature for a question bank as the point of a question bank is to test and learn concepts and practices. You can always generate questions based on a particular specialty in our qbank. However, we have received request for such feature from other subscribers and will add it to our feature request list for possible future implementation.
We have already received multiple requests in past to create a NBME style self-assessment module for Step2 CK and our developers and authors are aware of it and currently involved in a feasibility study. An exact time frame of when this will be implemented is not known. We recommend you continue to check our website for further updates/details.

Can the key word feature be used to find the explanation of a specific question you would like to look at again? Thanks for the info and I would love to give it a try!

Can the key word feature be used to find the explanation of a specific question you would like to look at again? Thanks for the info and I would love to give it a try!

Our course material currently does not contain a keyword search feature. It is however on our feature request for evaluation by developers and authors for possible implementation.

Our Step2 CK material is primarily designed to be used to study for the actual USMLE exam however it should also help you prepare for your shelf exam(s).

Our Step2 CK uses the same principal as our Step 1 qbank as described in our original post and displays an explanation of each of the questions when performing a review.

Keyword search is an odd feature for a question bank as the point of a question bank is to test and learn concepts and practices. You can always generate questions based on a particular specialty in our qbank. However, we have received request for such feature from other subscribers and will add it to our feature request list for possible future implementation.
We have already received multiple requests in past to create a NBME style self-assessment module for Step2 CK and our developers and authors are aware of it and currently involved in a feasibility study. An exact time frame of when this will be implemented is not known. We recommend you continue to check our website for further updates/details.

Thanx!

UWorld was almost essential for Step 1 and I hear much the same for Step 2.

If there's a raffle, I want in too!

Last edited:
For Step 2 CK, are users able to select specific categories that they would like to focus on (ie obgyn, peds) or are the questions only available as intermixed?

I loved UW for Step 1. I'm looking forward to UW's step 2. Please include me in the raffle!!

how do you enter the USMLE WORLD raffle? and if you win can you start at a later time?

does uworld ck2 comes with a score calculator?

@pnp366: Depending on the amount of user participation in this thread there is a possibility of a raffle for a 30-day Step2 CK subscription. We can offer a courtesy deferment of the subscription start date to the winner of raffle.

@doc20: Not all of our subscribers share their exact score in the exam after taking our services so we cannot provide a direct co-relation between a users performance in our qbank and their test score.

I'm taking Step 2 in late March and I may use USMLE World.
I was wondering if USMLE World has ever considered adding OMM questions for those of us who are taking COMLEX instead of USMLE?

I'm in for the USMLE world step 2 raffle

How often do you update questions? Are there many similar questions to the 2008 UW Qbank?

I'd like to be entered for the CK raffle too. Wish there was a CS raffle as well, I'd be interested in that too. UW was instrumental in achieving the score I did on Step I.

Please include me in the raffle too! After my success with UW for step 1, I can't imagine not using it for step 2.

I loved UW for step 1 as well. Please include me in the raffle for step 2 materials.

Do UW offer "assessments" in addition to the CK bank like the ones available for the Step 1 bank? (Sorry, if this is stated in the first post. I looked and didn't see anything regarding assessments...)

@futuredo32: Our course offering is primarily designed for USMLE exam but we have received feedback from subscribers to also create some content for COMLEX. We currently do not have any plans to have material available for COMLEX preparation.

@fire11: We update questions based on any new research or change in procedures. You can review a change log of recent update/changes to your Step 2 CK material via http://www.usmleworld.com/step2QbankUpdates.htm link.

@ShadyMedicine: Please review our post #14 above for a response to your query.

For those who have taken Step I and used the UW Qb, how many times did you go through the whole database in your preparation?

Is once enough?

I was wondering if anyone has used Uworld for studying for their peds rotation exam? I definitely will be using it for STEP 2, but was wondering if their is enough depth for the shelf. Thanks.

P.S. add me to the raffle as well =)

UW was incredible for Step I, i plan on using it as my primary source for Step II.

Please include me in the raffle

UW was my main resource for step one and it was definitely worth it,i'm planning on using it to prepare for the rest of my shelf exams this year.

if not already closed enter me in the raffle

Please enter me in the raffle as well. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.