USN and NOVA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

asian pharm

Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.
when most of the schools ask "define proffesionalism" what do you guys say? i just dont understand what they are looking for in our answer to that question.same with "what according to you is compassion" . especially loma linda and USN ask these questions, but some of my friends encountered the proffesionalism question in nova interview also.

i have an interview at NOVA and USN soon, so those who have laready interviewed at these two schools can u help, please.

RX student

NSU-WPB campus
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I interviewed at Nova, but wasn't asked that question.

tt_vo503

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Nova interview questions are tailored to your history. If you consider yourself a non-traditional student, then they will ask questions about that. If you a regular student that is working on their prerequisite for pharmacy or are getting a bs in biology of chemistry, then they will ask more generic questions.
such as:
1: Why pharmacy
2: why Nova
3: How you handle stress
4: how you went about studying for a big exam like the final or PCAT?
5: Strengths & weaknesses
etc...
Good luck on your interview.
:thumbup:

johnqt84

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
for professionalism, things like you have integrity, courtesy, high ethical stds, when you encounter problem, you focus on fixing them rather than placing blame..etc....hope that helps

PCATtaker

Class of 2011
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Nova just wants to see you dress and act professional. Meaning shirt and tie for guys and jackets for girls. Also saying hello, how are you, smiling, and thanking them on your way out.