USN interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I just moved to Henderson, bout 5 mins away from the USN. I haven't gotten an interview invitation, yet.

I was wondering if there is anyway to make my name known to them without annoying them. I want to visit the school again, but I have already visited twice. Would visiting Laurie again be a good idea? ... or would this just bug them...I know that they are really busy.

*sigh* any suggestions? I don't want to just sit and wait when I know that they are right there...

I would cut off my ear and mail it to the admissions committee. It worked for van gogh....

Members don't see this ad.

My stats:
Overall: 3.7
pre: 3.64
BS in Bio

Havent heard anything either. Some of you have really High GPAs to not have heard anything yet-- that makes me feel a little better I guess. I wonder if they already have an schedule of interviews for specific students to follow. I guess Ill just wait!

haha ill c u there =D You're one of the interviewers?

LOL trust me...you will hardly find time to do basic tasks like grocery shopping and laundry let alone strip hopping! But if you're ambitious lol IM sure anything is possible.

BTW Congrats to all of you interview recipients! I will be there on the 1/26 and hope to see you there! Just relax n be yourself!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Dont worry, just be patient. They will have 7 more interview sessions:
Jan 26
Feb.5, 9,19
March 8,18,
April 1st
You may get your interview invitation as late as early march, that's what happend to me last year, and I still got in!!!

I had scheduled my interview on Feb 9th but I got accepted at Lecom Erie. I will cancel the USN one sothat someone can get a chance. Good luck to you all.

I had scheduled my interview on Feb 9th but I got accepted at Lecom Erie. I will cancel the USN one sothat someone can get a chance. Good luck to you all.

Thanks for opening up a spot!! ha ha!!:D Well, good luck at Lecom!!

Wow it has already been a year!
well, i hope you'll all find USN a great school, because it has been a great year for me so far ;)
for the interview info:
I applied one day before the deadline, and got my interview invitation 2 weeks later
There were 2 professors, and one student that interviewed me
Questions that I found really helpful were from the interview feedback
GOOD LUCK!! :)

Questions that I found really helpful were from the interview feedback
GOOD LUCK!! :)

for some reason, I can't access interview feedback section since yesterday. The page can't be displayed. Are there technical problems or SDN make it intentionally not available?

Hey guys,

I was wondering that if I'm missing something on my applications will they notify me? I haven't heard anything from them yet. I'm worried!

Hey guys,

I was wondering that if I'm missing something on my applications will they notify me? I haven't heard anything from them yet. I'm worried!

I have not heard anything either, but I know they have received my application. I mailed it with express mail and they did sign for it. I checked it on post office's website so...

I have not heard anything either, but I know they have received my application. I mailed it with express mail and they did sign for it. I checked it on post office's website so...

I did the same thing. Should I give them a call to check if they need anything else?

I did the same thing. Should I give them a call to check if they need anything else?

I would call and ask if they received it or not, because they should have sent you an email confirming that they received the application...

I'll be going down that Friday. I'll be staying in my favorite hotel (The Venetian), gonna have some fun before going home Sunday. I'm really excited, Yay!:D

Members don't see this ad :)
I got my invite last night :) Kinda surprised me since my stats are meh....(for USN at least)

3.75 cGPA, 3.62 prereq, No BS, All prereqs completed. I sent my application in on the very last day about an hour before the post office closed. Yes, I know, I am responsible.

I wonder if they look at ECs yet, because I had quite a few. Maybe that helped.

Well, good luck to everyone!

farmxer -

my interview is on feb 5th and i dont know what to expect!! this will be the first interview i will be going to and to be honest im pretty freakin nervous and have even doubted my pharmacy career please reply!!!!!!!!

Was interviewed yesterday. Environment and tour guids are very friendly and helpful. Well organized. Perfect school for 3 years program.

Interview panel consists of a professor and 2 students. questions are varied. Different panel asks different question.

This year more than 1600 applicants. 500 will be invited for interview.

Look luck to all of you out there.

Mine was on Jan 26 and I think I did pretty good. Don't be so nervous. The interview seem kind of tense, cos there will be 3 people asking you questions, but the questions are not very hard though. Relax and be yourself, I think you will be OK! They will ask you 2 most important questions, why pharmacy and why USN? then follow by a series of scenario questions just to see how you reply. Remember, there is no right or wrong answer, just be your best!

Hi BaBak2626,

Really nothing that you need to worrry. Just dress professional. Prepare your answers from those questions on USN pharmacy feedback database. Than you should be in good shape. Read your application again because they might ask you some question base on what you said on the application.

Just be prepared and confident. Once again read the feedback on database.

Good luck.

Hi,

My stats:
GPA 3.74
Science GPA 3.46

Is there a chance for me to get an interview?

I just got an interview today! Yeah! Im choosing between Feb 19, March 8, March 18.
Anyone going on one of those days?

And yes, I think there is definately a chance for you above..
My stats:
BS coming this May
all but Micro and Anatomy done, taking those now
3.7 overall
3.6 science
Work in retail pharmacy, but not that many other ec's unfortunately

Thanks for all the tips on this site!

YAY! It looks like they are dwindling down to lower GPAs.....:):zip::)
Well...lower than the 4.0s and 3.9s

Congrats To All Interview Recipients!!!!!

Hi ,
My stats:oops:verall gpa-3.74 and science gpa 3.46. Do u know if ther's a chance of interview for me..?

Thanks.

farmxer -

my interview is on feb 5th and i dont know what to expect!! this will be the first interview i will be going to and to be honest im pretty freakin nervous and have even doubted my pharmacy career please reply!!!!!!!!

Just try to relax and you will be fine...The school just wants to get to know your personality and your motivation for pharmacy.
I will be there as one of the student interviewers on feb 5th.
good luck

I had my interview today and it went very well!!!!!!!!!! I am soooo happy!!!
All students and faculty members were so nice, I felt like they were one a big family.
I love USN>>>I hope I will get in!!

Has anyone recieved an invite for march yet? I was just tring to find out if I could still be a possiblity for interviewing in march.

Does anyone Know if USN is rolling admission?

Has anyone recieved an invite for march yet? I was just tring to find out if I could still be a possiblity for interviewing in march.

Does anyone Know if USN is rolling admission?

They will be doing interviews in march. They are not rolling admissions, but they will be accepting a few students at the end of February. The rest of the students will not be selected until April/May. The early selection students are those with very high GPA's and did very well on their interviews. Its all based on points. If you get a certain # of points cumulated between interview and GPA you are either; accepted early, accepted, wait-isted, or rejected.

I have an interview on March 8th! I was contacted at the beginning of January before the application deadline but live in Ohio so wanted to leave ample time to plan the trip. Good luck everyone!

Is anyone interviewing on the 9th?

For those who need a little bit of hope for getting an interview....like ME!!:D

...I e-mailed Dr. DeYoung today because I had some questions about interview recipients from last year. This is the response that I received:

Thank you for your continued interest in the program.
The average overall GPA of students enrolling in the program last year was 3.7 and the science prerequisite GPA was 3.6.
The lowest overall and science prerequisite GPA was 3.0. Approximately 30% of the students enrolling in the Nevada campus are Nevada residents.

:zip:So for those who are losing hope...don't give up! "The lowest overall and science prerequisite GPA was 3.0."

For those who need a little bit of hope for getting an interview....like ME!!:D

...I e-mailed Dr. DeYoung today because I had some questions about interview recipients from last year. This is the response that I received:

Thank you for your continued interest in the program.
The average overall GPA of students enrolling in the program last year was 3.7 and the science prerequisite GPA was 3.6.
The lowest overall and science prerequisite GPA was 3.0. Approximately 30% of the students enrolling in the Nevada campus are Nevada residents.

:zip:So for those who are losing hope...don't give up! "The lowest overall and science prerequisite GPA was 3.0."

Yay!! I have hope too!!!:D;)

:zip:Those low GPAs were for the Affirmative Action admissions. Just do not get the false impressions. To achieve a 3.7 GPA average while admitting people with lower scores for the sake of the the Affirmative Action, USN had to admit the regular applicants with a much higher than 3.7 GPA.

anyone had interview on Jan 26 got the decision yet? I have not heard anything from USN yet, and so worry...Please tell me if you guys had something...

anyone had interview on Jan 26 got the decision yet? I have not heard anything from USN yet, and so worry...Please tell me if you guys had something...

Yeah several people who interviewed on Jan 26 were among those who received calls on the 18th. I was luck enough to be one of those.

Yeah I got accepted and interviewed on the 26th

:DI got an invitation last night at 8pm...through e-mail. My choices were March 8, 20 and April 1. Ahh! I;m so excited!!!!

:DI got an invitation last night at 8pm...through e-mail. My choices were March 8, 20 and April 1. Ahh! I;m so excited!!!!

what are ur stats?

how many years of experience in pharmacy?

I got a interview for 2/19/08, and was accepted by USN on 02/25/08

My stats:
No B.S.
Pre-reques finished.
3.8 overall
3.9 science
experience: alot of pharm tech experience/ redcross/disaster relief volunteer

Advice: If you get a interview, you will have almost a equal chance getting in. Take advantage of that and talk to the students that are walking around...they will give you valuable pointers on what to expect on the interview, and who you will be interviewing with. Most importantly be yourself, be able to critique yourself fluidly and maintain steady eye contact with all your interviewers. Lastly, make a strong first impression, smile, wave, speak loudly and clearly when introducing yourself. Stand up when they stand up, sit when they sit, etc. If you are really nervous, tell them you are really nervous. Be sure to ask questions before your interview is finished. They want honesty, compassion, teamwork, and commitment. A student interviewer told me that within the first 2 minutes they have already formed a picture of you, and if you make a strong first impression, you can pretty much screw up the interview (like i did), without losing to many points. I couldn't even form a coherent sentence, but my first impression was really strong.

good luck,

see you in fall 08

Stats:
No BS/BA
Prereq GPA: 3.7
Overall GPA: 3.59
Other:
Worked at a nursing home and gave my residents their medication for 6 months part-time, then per-diem for another 6 months.
I volunteered at a pharmacy for 3 months

...that's bout it.

I got a interview for 2/19/08, and was accepted by USN on 02/25/08

My stats:
No B.S.
Pre-reques finished.
3.8 overall
3.9 science
experience: alot of pharm tech experience/ redcross/disaster relief volunteer

Advice: If you get a interview, you will have almost a equal chance getting in. Take advantage of that and talk to the students that are walking around...they will give you valuable pointers on what to expect on the interview, and who you will be interviewing with. Most importantly be yourself, be able to critique yourself fluidly and maintain steady eye contact with all your interviewers. Lastly, make a strong first impression, smile, wave, speak loudly and clearly when introducing yourself. Stand up when they stand up, sit when they sit, etc. If you are really nervous, tell them you are really nervous. Be sure to ask questions before your interview is finished. They want honesty, compassion, teamwork, and commitment. A student interviewer told me that within the first 2 minutes they have already formed a picture of you, and if you make a strong first impression, you can pretty much screw up the interview (like i did), without losing to many points. I couldn't even form a coherent sentence, but my first impression was really strong.

good luck,

see you in fall 08

Wow...thank you for the information. I will definitely do that.

I have an interview on March 8th! I was contacted at the beginning of January before the application deadline but live in Ohio so wanted to leave ample time to plan the trip. Good luck everyone!

This has nothing to do with your reply or this thread, but damn, you are hot! haha :D

I got B from Calculus I and A from Calculus II.. I read somewhere that you can substituted that for Calculus I or at least average both grade on calculus section. I regret I didn't do so on my application. Because it would have made my science GPA went up.:scared:

Sorry for reviving an old thread, but does anyone know if this is true? :oops:

which type of questions they are asking in interview???

Last edited:
hello everyone.....I am newone on this forum.....please let me know anybody got interview?? for USN for fall 2011 .....

Which type of questions are they asking in intreview? Is it easy or tough?