USN joint PharmD/MBA students

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

prospective

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am looking to apply to this joint program, but would very much appreciate it if I could get any input on this program from current students on this joint program. Would it be too much of a workload or is it without a doubt possible? Has remediation courses conflicted with your MBA courses? Any other comments would be appreciated as well, thanks so much!

Members don't see this ad.

I'm interested in pursuing Pharm.D/M.B.A joint program too ! but i have no idea how should i go about this...I dont know if i should apply right now or should i wait till i enter the program (and as Dr.DeYoung said we should be able to get a good idea about the details by this december.. there will be a breifing about the program in the P1 class in december)

Also it would be nice if someone already in this program can give their views about how they feel about doing two programs together ..is it o.k and will we able to get some time off to relax or is it too much of stress to cope with two things together.

yess exactly! i actually called the mba program and i was informed that entering first year students can now start this summer so the classes will be a bit more spread out and they did say that doing the joint program is do-able (if that helps in any way =) )...but then again I wish I could get some input from current students as well

Members don't see this ad :)
but do remember this the MBA program at USN is not yet accredited

Do you guys know whether or not you have to have a bachelor's degree to do the program? I thought in order to get an MBA you have to have a bachelor's degree first. It didn't really specify anything like that on the packet that they sent us.

but do remember this the MBA program at USN is not yet accredited
congrats on your acceptance, i was wondering if you can share your stat w. us if you don't mind =) do you have a B.S ?

i got into Pharm D , stats

Bs in Pharmacy..

Gpa 3.71
Pre req GPA 4.0
yet to do Eng comp I , SPeech and calc I, shd ot them in the summer

Do you guys know whether or not you have to have a bachelor's degree to do the program? I thought in order to get an MBA you have to have a bachelor's degree first. It didn't really specify anything like that on the packet that they sent us.

only thing is that USN will make sure that you earn your Pharm.D first before a you are awarded a M.B.A degree officially (the above statement is applicable in case you dont have bachelors..but if you already have bachelors then it doesnt matter if you get your Pharm.D or not)

I dont know anything about the accredition and also the fee structure..probably it should be expensive!!