Usn vs Worcester

Started by vudooz
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

vudooz

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was wondering which school would be better, not counting geographical or climatic reasonings.
 
But basically not much different, even though it's a block program the degree difficulty is still pretty high up there between the 2 schools. With the block, they give you 3 chances to do the test for the block (if you don't pass with 90%) b4 they kick or ask you to repeat the year.

Just trying to decide which 2 evils to choose from =P
I already got an acceptance to Worcester, and just recently came back from a really good interview to USN.

With both schools however, I've heard just numerous stories on the quality of the program (i.e. Bad Teacher-Student relations), but I guess it was pretty exaggerative. Those 2 schools are an accelerated program, there are high standards that is required.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Do they have grades at Worcester? If you are thinking you might want to go for a residency, I'd pick a school with grades. If that doesn't interest you, then go for the school that seems like it would be the best fit. What factors are important to you in choosing a school?
 
Diastole, the Worcester is grade based. Really, I want to go a school that's more geared toward something clinical, worcester fits the grade. Usn is heavily based on the retail settings. But if I went to usn, would residency be even considered for people who graduate there with just pass/fail?
 
Diastole, the Worcester is grade based. Really, I want to go a school that's more geared toward something clinical, worcester fits the grade. Usn is heavily based on the retail settings. But if I went to usn, would residency be even considered for people who graduate there with just pass/fail?

Sure, people do go on to residencies. I don't know the numbers though. I think when I interviewed, they told me 15% though I might be misremembering that figure. Picking a school with grades seems like the safer bet because you won't be faced with people who have no idea what to do with your application when you have a bunch of Ps on it but you can still get a residency if you attend USN. You'll just have to stand out in other ways.