-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
USN wait list Fall 2009
Started by lymmys
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
This is what my letter said..
"Thank you for participating in the admissions process for the Pharm.D. Program at the University of Southern Nevada College of Pharmacy Class of 2012. All positions in the class at this time have been filled. However, you currently rank among the top 30 candidates on the wait list for the Utah campus and between 31-60 for the candidates on the wait list for the Nevada campus. While there are no guarantees, experience from previous admission cycles indicates that many students who ranked this high on the wait list eventually received an offer of admission. Please understand that many offers of admission are still pending so it is too early in the process for the Admissions Office to precisely estimate a candidate's position on the wait list. Therefore, the Admissions Office is unable to provide you with a specific rank at this time. We hope to be able to give you a better estimate of your rank on the wait list after June 1st."
I know it's weird how they say top 30.. top 50.. and then say 31-60...!?
"Thank you for participating in the admissions process for the Pharm.D. Program at the University of Southern Nevada College of Pharmacy Class of 2012. All positions in the class at this time have been filled. However, you currently rank among the top 30 candidates on the wait list for the Utah campus and between 31-60 for the candidates on the wait list for the Nevada campus. While there are no guarantees, experience from previous admission cycles indicates that many students who ranked this high on the wait list eventually received an offer of admission. Please understand that many offers of admission are still pending so it is too early in the process for the Admissions Office to precisely estimate a candidate's position on the wait list. Therefore, the Admissions Office is unable to provide you with a specific rank at this time. We hope to be able to give you a better estimate of your rank on the wait list after June 1st."
I know it's weird how they say top 30.. top 50.. and then say 31-60...!?
Hi
I just declined my acceptance offer. There is one more seat.
Don't loose hope.
I just declined my acceptance offer. There is one more seat.
Don't loose hope.
This is what my letter said..
"Thank you for participating in the admissions process for the Pharm.D. Program at the University of Southern Nevada College of Pharmacy Class of 2012. All positions in the class at this time have been filled. However, you currently rank among the top 30 candidates on the wait list for the Utah campus and between 31-60 for the candidates on the wait list for the Nevada campus. While there are no guarantees, experience from previous admission cycles indicates that many students who ranked this high on the wait list eventually received an offer of admission. Please understand that many offers of admission are still pending so it is too early in the process for the Admissions Office to precisely estimate a candidate's position on the wait list. Therefore, the Admissions Office is unable to provide you with a specific rank at this time. We hope to be able to give you a better estimate of your rank on the wait list after June 1st."
I know it's weird how they say top 30.. top 50.. and then say 31-60...!?
I am in top 30 for Utah campus and between 31- 60 for nevada campus.Last year I was in top 100 + student, and at the end of the june, I was in top 40, so still some hope.
That's great news. Then, last year 60 people were admitted from the wait list...
You meant for Utah or Nevada? If any of you find out your rank please let us know.Last year I was in top 100 + student, and at the end of the june, I was in top 40, so still some hope.
You meant for Utah or Nevada? If any of you find out your rank please let us know.
The campus wasn't specified, so can't tell you the exact one.But I choose both campus during application.In the letter It was mentioned that for this high rank(100+) , the chances are 20% for admission.
Thats what I think too..That's great news. Then, last year 60 people were admitted from the wait list...
On my application I think I only picked Henderson, however on the acceptance wait list reply I chose both campus. I don't really know how it works. But that was great news for waiters like us though. I hope the school will go down the wait list as many as last year, or more.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I remember when I got my acceptance call last year.
On my application, I chose just the Henderson campus. When Dr. DeYoung called, he asked me again if I wanted the Henderson or Utah campus. I chose the Henderson, but I don't know how it works for waitlisting.
Wow...this year was a hard app year. I remember I had my interview in late May and got accepted June into the Henderson campus w/o waitlisting.
Good Luck you guys!!!


Hang in there!
On my application, I chose just the Henderson campus. When Dr. DeYoung called, he asked me again if I wanted the Henderson or Utah campus. I chose the Henderson, but I don't know how it works for waitlisting.
Wow...this year was a hard app year. I remember I had my interview in late May and got accepted June into the Henderson campus w/o waitlisting.
Good Luck you guys!!!



Hang in there!
Sometimes we just need to talk to people who are in the same situation to keep the hope alive. Final is here already and I don't seem to focus 100% like I should...
lol me too... it's just too much anxiety, but you have to put it aside for now and hope for the best
Hello guys,
Recently I received some documents to fill and send back to the school with my wait list acceptance form.
Could you help me with the declaration of intent to apply for Veterans Benefits Form?
If I answer NO, should I sign the form or just sign the form if my answer is YES?
Thanks.
Recently I received some documents to fill and send back to the school with my wait list acceptance form.
Could you help me with the declaration of intent to apply for Veterans Benefits Form?
If I answer NO, should I sign the form or just sign the form if my answer is YES?
Thanks.
Hi NATOR,
I received the letter with the same ranking..so I'm with the rest of the "51+ candidates" on the waitlist too.
I thought I did well on my interview so I was kinda disappointed at myself...
Reading the posts in this thread gave me some hope but I still feel very hopeless since there are AT LEAST 51 ppl ahead of me on the waiting list............>_<
I received the letter with the same ranking..so I'm with the rest of the "51+ candidates" on the waitlist too.
I thought I did well on my interview so I was kinda disappointed at myself...
Reading the posts in this thread gave me some hope but I still feel very hopeless since there are AT LEAST 51 ppl ahead of me on the waiting list............>_<
Do you guys receeive a letter from USN regarding your wait list? I send mine and did not receive any email to confirm that they saw my papers.
I received the letter with the same ranking..so I'm with the rest of the "51+ candidates" on the waitlist too.
I thought I did well on my interview so I was kinda disappointed at myself...
Reading the posts in this thread gave me some hope but I still feel very hopeless since there are AT LEAST 51 ppl ahead of me on the waiting list............>_<[/quote]
I received the letter with the same ranking..so I'm with the rest of the "51+ candidates" on the waitlist too.
I thought I did well on my interview so I was kinda disappointed at myself...
Reading the posts in this thread gave me some hope but I still feel very hopeless since there are AT LEAST 51 ppl ahead of me on the waiting list............>_<[/quote]
Nope, the letter says "51+ candidates". I personally don't know what my rank is and where to consider myself in the mist of 51+ candidates. Isnt there a nice way to say, thank you guys?
I did send and email to Dr. DeYoung to check if my papers have been received but he did not reply.
Do you guys have a plan B for your career? I am still confused about what to do if my application is rejected.
Thanks.
I did send and email to Dr. DeYoung to check if my papers have been received but he did not reply.
Do you guys have a plan B for your career? I am still confused about what to do if my application is rejected.
Thanks.
When you were in the top 100+, did you have unfinished prerequisites? I just want to make sure if 60 students were admitted last year or sending your grades put you to 40.
No, I didn't send any grades, but 60 students were admitted.
[/quote]Do you guys receeive a letter from USN regarding your wait list? I send mine and did not receive any email to confirm that they saw my papers.
I received the letter with the same ranking..so I'm with the rest of the "51+ candidates" on the waitlist too.
I thought I did well on my interview so I was kinda disappointed at myself...
Reading the posts in this thread gave me some hope but I still feel very hopeless since there are AT LEAST 51 ppl ahead of me on the waiting list............>_<
I was thinking the same thing, how can one make sure Dr. D got our acceptance letters to the wait list. I am going to email him today. I will tell you if he replies to my email or not.
You mean 60 students from the waitlist to which campus?No, I didn't send any grades, but 60 students were admitted.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
[/quote]Do you guys receeive a letter from USN regarding your wait list? I send mine and did not receive any email to confirm that they saw my papers.
I received the letter with the same ranking..so I'm with the rest of the "51+ candidates" on the waitlist too.
I thought I did well on my interview so I was kinda disappointed at myself...
Reading the posts in this thread gave me some hope but I still feel very hopeless since there are AT LEAST 51 ppl ahead of me on the waiting list............>_<
I sent the email to Dr. Deyoung and he replied to me nearly immediately:
Dear Ramzy,
We received your packet and we will keep you on the wait list. I will contact you if a seat becomes available for you.
Sincerely,
Michael DeYoung, RPh, PhD
...
So I guess if he did not reply to your email yet, I would email him again.
You mean 60 students from the waitlist to which campus?
I Don't know exactly to which campus, but the email i received on june 4, 2008 was like
"Thank you for your continued interest in the College. The Admissions Office received your wait list packet and we will keep you on the wait list. While you are not in the top 20, you currently rank approximately among the top 40 students on the wait list. I will contact you if a seat a becomes available for you."
Hello everyone,
I was accepted to South Jordan (4/15) and waitlisted for Henderson. I was told that I am on the bottom of the waiting list. However, Dr. Deyoung called me yesterday and offered me a seat at Henderson. So for those that are on the waiting list, don't lose hope.
I was accepted to South Jordan (4/15) and waitlisted for Henderson. I was told that I am on the bottom of the waiting list. However, Dr. Deyoung called me yesterday and offered me a seat at Henderson. So for those that are on the waiting list, don't lose hope.
Hello everyone,
I was accepted to South Jordan (4/15) and waitlisted for Henderson. I was told that I am on the bottom of the waiting list. However, Dr. Deyoung called me yesterday and offered me a seat at Henderson. So for those that are on the waiting list, don't lose hope.
Wow thank you for letting us know this! Congrats!👍
Hi everyone,Hi guys, if you're on the waitlist, join this topic so we can keep everyone updated. Me first, wait list top 50
I am very new to this website. I am on the wait list. Did anyone hear about in the top 51 would get in last year? Thanks
Hi everyone,
I haven't heard from you guys since the last letter. I am trying to be calm while waiting June to know exactly my rank but it is difficult because this 51 + is kind of destroying me. I look at it as between 51 and 100 or 120. Do you guys know approximately how many of us are waitlisted?
Thanks.
I haven't heard from you guys since the last letter. I am trying to be calm while waiting June to know exactly my rank but it is difficult because this 51 + is kind of destroying me. I look at it as between 51 and 100 or 120. Do you guys know approximately how many of us are waitlisted?
Thanks.
I'm not sure how they place the ranks though. For example: do they have 2 seperate waitlists, one for people who are accepted to Utah and still want to be on the waitlist for Nevada, and the people have not yet offered any campus. Because so far there're 2 people who said they were accepted to Utah and still on top 50 Nevada waitlist, they already got a call from Dr. DeYoung
I'm not sure how they place the ranks though. For example: do they have 2 seperate waitlists, one for people who are accepted to Utah and still want to be on the waitlist for Nevada, and the people have not yet offered any campus. Because so far there're 2 people who said they were accepted to Utah and still on top 50 Nevada waitlist, they already got a call from Dr. DeYoung
Yes! It's true. I do not know how it works. I think you are right. Maybe, the have two separate wait lists. However, keep some hope.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thanks Limmys. I think i will call them too.
No I haven't. Well I called them about 2 wks ago and they said they received all of my paper work, now just waiting. Once I get accepted they will let me know what to do next.
just got accepted for utah! I was top 30 for utah and 31-60 for nevada. Im currently on the wait list for nevada.
I didn't recieve the packet yet but Dr. D told me... I'm looking for a roommate who has a similar lifestyle to myself. Other than the basics (being clean, quiet and respectful in times of study, etc.), I would like to find someone who is maybe into what I do: bodybuild... I eat specific foods, weigh my foods, etc. If anyone is of this type please reply to me 🙂
And whoever is still on the waitlist... BEST OF LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I didn't recieve the packet yet but Dr. D told me... I'm looking for a roommate who has a similar lifestyle to myself. Other than the basics (being clean, quiet and respectful in times of study, etc.), I would like to find someone who is maybe into what I do: bodybuild... I eat specific foods, weigh my foods, etc. If anyone is of this type please reply to me 🙂
And whoever is still on the waitlist... BEST OF LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
just got accepted for utah! I was top 30 for utah and 31-60 for nevada. Im currently on the wait list for nevada.
I didn't recieve the packet yet but Dr. D told me... I'm looking for a roommate who has a similar lifestyle to myself. Other than the basics (being clean, quiet and respectful in times of study, etc.), I would like to find someone who is maybe into what I do: bodybuild... I eat specific foods, weigh my foods, etc. If anyone is of this type please reply to me 🙂
And whoever is still on the waitlist... BEST OF LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Congrats.....
Similar threads
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 2K
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 2K
- Replies
- 6
- Views
- 2K