usp

Started by keyy200tx
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

keyy200tx

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Need some info abt the usp...anything will be usefull i dont want to waste my dollar applying there
 
First of all I don't think USP will accept you if you cannot spell.
Secondly, I believe app. fee is waived if you apply online (but don't quote me on that).

What specific questions do you have? I don't currently feel like typing out everything about USP. Or you could search and see what I/others have written.

Just don't trust anything about curriculum from anything earlier than c/o 2012, since they changed the curriculum for us. Also, don't bother applying if you're not applying straight out of high school.
 
Okay, What is the retention rate there ? I have a good GPA and want to get into the second year for usp or mcphs . I know i have a good chance at both schools. I have being here so many bad things about MCPHS thats why i am looking into USP... ....Please fill me with some info...

Dude, I know how to spell and if you are there, I can also be there...lolol
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
From what I gather on these boards, applying to MCPHS for 2nd year is much easier than for USP for 2nd year. I don't know anyone in my class who started as a 2nd year, so few if any people get accepteed that way. As for retention rate, it's not as bad as people make it seem. I think at least 90% who made it to 2nd year and didn't switch out made it into the professional phase. Maybe another 10% tops have to repeat a year during the professional phase and some choose to leave the program and switch majors at that point.

But USP and MCPHS have similar problems from what I gather from this board. They're both 0-6 schools, so they both enroll some people that shouldn't be in pharmacy school in the first place. I think USP treats it students a little bit better, but that opinion is only from what I've seen on here from MCPHS posters. Plus I hear USP has a better gym 🙂
 
But USP and MCPHS have similar problems from what I gather from this board. They're both 0-6 schools, so they both enroll some people that shouldn't be in pharmacy school in the first place. I think USP treats it students a little bit better, but that opinion is only from what I've seen on here from MCPHS posters. Plus I hear USP has a better gym 🙂

I visited MCPHS. It doesn't have its own gym. It shares facilities with the "Colleges of the Fenway." Colleges of the Fenway is a collaborative effort of six neighboring Boston-based colleges in the Fenway area, including: Emmanuel College, Massachusetts College of Art and Design, Massachusetts College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences,
Simmons College
, Wentworth Institute of Technology and Wheelock College. The dining facilities were at the Arts College, the gym was at Wentworth (if I remember correctly), the pool in another and there was a possibility you may have to live at Wheelock or Wentworth if they ran out of room at MCPHS which only guarantees on campus housing for one year.