USUHS Application-Am I in trouble?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Caffeinated

Army Strong
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I sent my USUHS application last week, and it was about 3 days late when I sent it (they ask it to be in 3 weeks after you are notified). I sent an email requesting an extension, which they said to do if it looked like it would take longer than 3 weeks. I have not heard back from that email request yet.

It gets more complicated. I sent the application USPS priority mail with delivery confirmation, and it still has not been delivered according to the website (I sent it on the 19th). I am going to call them tomorrow to see if they have received it.

How much doo-doo am I in right now?

Members don't see this ad.

Don't worry, I'm sure you're fine. Make sure to contact their office, they are very very helpful. Just a question on their secondary, did you find that when you opened it up in Wordpad it was all funky, like the spaces didn't line up and all. I tried to fix it by messing around, and it looks okay but definitely not like the pdf version (which I can't use because I don't have the pay for version of adobe).
Anyways, this is a really good school, and last year I found their admissions department to be extremely helpful and understanding. They even did extra work for me, so don't be afraid to contact them and tell them your situation.

Thanks for the words of advice, kawaiij. I am going to call them tomorrow. Heck, I work so close to there, I could stop by on my way home!

When I filled out the application I was able to open it up in MS Word, I did a combination of 2 things:

1. On the lines where it only required an "X" or a small answer, I just put an X in place of the "_" so the line looked like this:

___x___

2. On the longer answer lines like name, SSN, prior military service, etc. I deleted the underscores and just typed the text, and did it as underlined text. I was able to manipulate the tabs so it looked similar to being typed on. I even used courier font to give that impression. For example, the SSN line would be:

xxx-xx-xxxx

Hope this helps!

Members don't see this ad :)
Caffeinated,

Don't stress it. The exact same thing happened to me. I don't know what the deal is, but for some reason the USPS online tracking system didn't register delivery of my priority package as well. I called USUHS directly, and they confirmed that they received my secondary three days after I sent it from Utah. I'm sure that they have received yours as well. Good luck. I have yet to hear from USUHS in the month since they received my secondary, but they also told me on the phone to expect nothing for approximately six weeks.

Originally posted by Caffeinated
Thanks for the words of advice, kawaiij. I am going to call them tomorrow. Heck, I work so close to there, I could stop by on my way home!

Really? So do I! I'm right across the street from USUHS. Where do u work?

Thanks Cafeinated! I'll try it out tonight, if I can make myself fill out another application....Anyways, good luck, let us know how it goes.

Kaos,

I work at Walter Reed Army Medical Center. I am an optometrist (active duty Army). Where do you work?