usuhs army vs air force

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by srabulldog, Sep 29, 2002.

1. srabulldog

srabulldog Member

Hi- just wondering if anyone out there has an opinion about which branch is "better" (especially for docs with families) in the military- army or air force? Any opinions? I have heard from a military spouse forum that the air force is generally considered to provide a better standard of living, and that the Army is more strict about "military stuff", whatever that may mean... I have also heard that the Army deploys more often than the Air FOrce, but that if you're with the air force you are pretty much guaranteed to spend at least a couple of years stationed oversees (to which your family may accompany you...) I have also heard that you should plan to move about every 3 years or so with both branches... ANy other information out there? thanks!

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. DarkChild

DarkChild Senior Member

FWIW i've also heard that from a standard of living perspective, the AF is way better than the army.
    Someone I know was deployed to Saudi Arabia (I think).
    it averaged like 110. The AF guys worked in buildings with A/C and were housed in A/C barracks.
    the army guys were in tents.
    I'd go with AF.
    lol - read their website. they say, all AF personel are qualified in small arms (M16s, Colt 45's...) but we hope they never have to use them!
    thats the service for me
    :)